How can we improve the Windows Phone dev platform?

Please - allow readonly access to Call History and Text History

For creating more contact centric views of contacts

912 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    GerryGerry shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

43 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why only readonly? I would love to see my whats app messages in the history as well!

• Jocelyn AziereJocelyn Aziere commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,
        Algoria is an editor on UCC solution. We have application who integrate CTI , management from the PC with legacy telephony (Alcatel, Aastra, Siemens, Mitel, Ericsson....) and many of our client whish to have the same level of fonctionnality for they mobile (including windows phone), it would be really great and powerful if mobile phone call could be manage also from the application, some people now used only mobile and can have hight level service from their worktation.
        Is it possible to request a specific agreement to have acces to the telephony API ?
        Regards,
        Jocelyn

• IvayloIvaylo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

I have a request for building app for WP for emergency sms notifications system. So I need such functionality to read a sms when it arrives. How could I achieve it? I saw in this post that it's available only for OEMs. Should the company sign some OEM contract for that?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13176545/windows-phone-8-support-to-capture-sms-or-a-incoming-call

Thanks,
        Ivaylo

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add in SmsComposeTask, PhoneCallTask etc. the option to enforce user confirmation to complete the task. So we could use Phone as a gateway device for sending of SMS and dispatching of phone calls. If you find this dangerous, you can block it in the store or even require new capability (USE_PHONEASGATEWAY or similar.). However this feature is very powerful for enterprises at least.

• Win8 DeveloperWin8 Developer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really essential for utility apps which want to show how much time you spent (calling), whom you call, name and numbers. Based on that building expense report, statstics etc

• EricEric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The current SMS app is lacking a few features I'd love to see, opening up the APIs would allow developers to create better SMS apps.

• RudyRudy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In order to communicate with wearable stuff like smart watches, we need to be able to send info about the incoming call, SMS message, push message info to the watch. This wouldn't only be phone calls and SMS messages, but also the Whatsapp, facebook and any other push message.
        Also actions like accept or reject the phone call should be available through the watch.

please add an api to be able to read incoming AND/OR outgoing sms message AND/OR emails

Read only access would be enough for an app that shows us on display some notes when a certain person is calling you, for example to remind us something you have to tell to that person...

• KiranKiran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An app that allows you to set rules on incoming emails, and alarm when the criteria matches is really helpful for production support team. Please support

• Kamesh Rao YeduvakulaKamesh Rao Yeduvakula commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We wanted to build an app to intercept incoming messages and apply a different kind of ringtone like a siren to help identify messages of important notifications. Targeted mainly at people with on call and fire alerts kinda work schedules. Please add this support.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too need this. Were looking to migrate from blackberry stock to Windows Phone 8. The only thing stopping us is accessing call data, either on the device or logged at the server similar to how BlackBerry Enterprise Server works.

• Gerson FreireGerson Freire commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are a small software developer startup company and we had an inovation idea that will allow owners of a Windows Phone devices to make a remote call from their desktop or laptop computers. Although, WP8 API´s seems to did not allow this. May you implement or release that support? Thanks in advance

As a software enginer that handles a service on-call, being able to write an app that can read my incoming SMS and trigger alarms (in order to act as a pager) would be extremely useful. An example of this would be the app Klaxon for Android.

• HenkHenk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is usefull in many ways! So please add it to WP8.0 and WP81.

• AnilAnil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think as long as user is fine guaranting this permission to the app, there shouldn't be any issues with that.

• JeppeJeppe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Read only access is a must for enterprise app - caller sid and duration (for example getting details for consulting hours on phone out of company phones).

• Greg BantaGreg Banta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been working on an app that allows wp8 to work with the Pebble watch via Bluetooth. I have some functions working well including controlling music playback. I can send test SMS alerts to the watch but not real SMS or incomming call notifications. It I just had a way to either be notified of incomming SMS and phone calls or access to a database that had this information I could make wp8 as valid a phone as android and iOS. I have 3 different other watches and a couple of notification bracelets on the way that could use these same functions. I have the Bluetooth and watch functions down. I just need the phone notifications to complete the project.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base