How can we improve the Windows platform?

Please - allow readonly access to Call History and Text History

For creating more contact centric views of contacts

1,154 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    GerryGerry shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

53 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Arnout CalmeynArnout Calmeyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need it for Project Management and billing reasons, we need: name, nr, start, end, duration, incoming/outgoing

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My company is looking to move from Android to Windows 8.1 phones but one of the obstacles we are seeing is that there are no Pager apps. We are looking into building our own but it looks like the Windows.Devices.Sms type methods are not available in Windows Phone 8.1. Is there a reference I can use to get the same functionality?

• AnthonyAnthony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm looking at the enterprise and the options this gives us for call reporting. We are able to do this for VoIP users and users of BlackBerry devices but our growing Windows Phone base is missing.

• JP HellemonsJP Hellemons commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to log texts and calls in my live calender, like android can store it in the google cal (with an app)

This would be useful for responding to such events that cause the phone to physically respond to suppress them given user input. Whether it be vibration or sound. Detecting incoming SMS and calls could then allow the app to respond appropriately given a certain state or time (user input)

• Gonzalo CasasGonzalo Casas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am a developer for the Yellow Pages of Switzerland. For us, the use case is absolutely fundamental to the very idea of yellow pages.

• DavidDavid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a pager I have to have on me at all times. It would be really nice to forward messages to my phone and page me with that so I no longer need to carry a pager with me. My friends with an android phone have this capability and I would really like to write a similar app for windows phone.

• NPadruttNPadrutt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why only readonly? I would love to see my whats app messages in the history as well!

• Jocelyn AziereJocelyn Aziere commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,
        Algoria is an editor on UCC solution. We have application who integrate CTI , management from the PC with legacy telephony (Alcatel, Aastra, Siemens, Mitel, Ericsson....) and many of our client whish to have the same level of fonctionnality for they mobile (including windows phone), it would be really great and powerful if mobile phone call could be manage also from the application, some people now used only mobile and can have hight level service from their worktation.
        Is it possible to request a specific agreement to have acces to the telephony API ?
        Regards,
        Jocelyn

• IvayloIvaylo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

I have a request for building app for WP for emergency sms notifications system. So I need such functionality to read a sms when it arrives. How could I achieve it? I saw in this post that it's available only for OEMs. Should the company sign some OEM contract for that?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13176545/windows-phone-8-support-to-capture-sms-or-a-incoming-call

Thanks,
        Ivaylo

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add in SmsComposeTask, PhoneCallTask etc. the option to enforce user confirmation to complete the task. So we could use Phone as a gateway device for sending of SMS and dispatching of phone calls. If you find this dangerous, you can block it in the store or even require new capability (USE_PHONEASGATEWAY or similar.). However this feature is very powerful for enterprises at least.

• Win8 DeveloperWin8 Developer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really essential for utility apps which want to show how much time you spent (calling), whom you call, name and numbers. Based on that building expense report, statstics etc

• EricEric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The current SMS app is lacking a few features I'd love to see, opening up the APIs would allow developers to create better SMS apps.

• RudyRudy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In order to communicate with wearable stuff like smart watches, we need to be able to send info about the incoming call, SMS message, push message info to the watch. This wouldn't only be phone calls and SMS messages, but also the Whatsapp, facebook and any other push message.
        Also actions like accept or reject the phone call should be available through the watch.

please add an api to be able to read incoming AND/OR outgoing sms message AND/OR emails

Read only access would be enough for an app that shows us on display some notes when a certain person is calling you, for example to remind us something you have to tell to that person...

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base