How can we improve the Windows platform?

Add a ShowContactTask to show a specific contact's details

If I have an app that shows a filtered subset of a user's contacts, I should have a way to click on that user and show the user's details in the native experience.

I am familiar with the suggestion to take the contact's details and re-create them in your own UI... which would be great if the API exposed all of the user's details (like the Anniversary) which it does not. Also, having a ShowContactTask would allow me to give my user a quick shortcut to post a message on Twitter or Facebook without having to implement those SDKs (especially since the APIs do not currently give you access to social networking contacts to be able to pull their social network handles).

29 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Robert McLawsRobert McLaws shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • John EgbertJohn Egbert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to have this so I wouldn't have to create all the UI to store and edit contacts within each app. But to complete this there would also need to be a ContactChooser that returns a key that could be passed into ShowContactTask. Please add support for this.

Feedback and Knowledge Base