Dev Platform

Welcome to the Windows Phone Developer Feedback site

This forum focuses on the developer platform (APIs, runtimes, and controls) that you use to build great app experiences for Windows Phone. Additional WPDev forums are available using the links along the right of the page. Consumer features suggestions should be submitted to the Windows Phone Suggestion Box site (http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/).

Suggestions provided via the WPDev UserVoice forum will be reviewed and read by the Windows Phone developer platform team, providing feedback to help with planning ideas and to better understand how developers are using the development platform, and all suggestions will be considered.

Two important notes about this site: (a) List items (and item rankings) represent community interest in features, and does not represent an actual priority list for the product team; and (b) Suggestions made using this forum will be moderated if they do not actually represent a feature request.

How can we improve the Windows Phone dev platform?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. Native SQLite database support

In addition to the existing database support, please add support for SQLite databases, without a LINQ layer like for SQLCE. Just a raw database with SQL commands like we are used to. SQLite is platform independent, that means it is easy to exchange data between Windows, Windows Phone, Android and iOS devices.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      1 comment  ·  Structured Data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Isolated Storage

Can We Have shared Isolate File so that all the application in the device can share the Global Data.Instead of keeping the same data in each isolated storage file for each app.This Feature may reduce replication of data.

9 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        2 comments  ·  Structured Data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Read documents from subfolders inside documents folder. (Office Hub)

Windows phone cannot read any docs from a subfolder even it is placed in documents folder. Making the phone category crowded and clutterred and listing very long.

9 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Structured Data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Allow to set a value to IsDbGenerated fields

SQLCE for WP7 should allow us to assign explicitely a value to Identity fields marked as IsDbGenerated fields. Currently SQL Server allows it throw this command. SET IDENTITY_INSERT dbo.TableName ON

It would be great SQLCE for WP7 allows us to set this option using attributes of the Table/Class. In fact other multiplatform databases that work for WP7 as Siaqodb include this and even other features SQLCE for WP7 still not.

6 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • Allow game/application data to survive install/re-install

Currently all data is lost when uninstalling but it would be nice if Zune kept it and put it back when re-installing. That way if my phone gets too full, I can remove a large app e.g. a roleplay game with lots of hours of playtime and then when I have space, reload it and resume where I left off. This annoys the heck out of me on the iPhone so I would love it if we could do better!

5 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Dialing security codes from third party apps

Please allow us to dial security code from third party apps. To make it safe, you can notify the user if the application uses security code at the time of installation.

3 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • A serach in messageswould be a good feature, currently if I want to get a message from the messages only option is go through sequentially

currently there is no proper way to search my messages, would be great if we can get API / feature which can help to search my messages by text/keyword/user

3 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base