How can we improve the Windows platform?

Improve the Downloads/Sales Reporting UI on App Hub

Currently the App Hub provides a very simplistic reporting tool for tracking paid and trial downloads - with a single report row per Trial/Paid type and country. If you have several apps - this can result in several pages worth of data which has to be manually copied and pasted to Excel etc in order to determine totals (which cannot be automated due to https login). Additionally the parent graphs only show total downloads (with no breakdown of trial vs paid totals). There needs to be a proper 'export' to XLS/CSV function for all sales/trial data - as well as ability to report subtotals and totals on these app hub pages. On top of this - a 'quick fix' would be to allow all rows of data to be output in single page (rather than a paged / 10 rows per page view) - and then at least copy/paste to excel for doing more analysis would be a lot quicker. Another similar improvement would be to display totals/subtotals in a specified currency which accounts for the different converted price points for different marketplaces (as a straight/current currency conversion rate is not used by marketplace).

441 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    mobilewaresmobilewares shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    David LorenzinDavid Lorenzin shared a merged idea: Moooore stats, and real time (Android apphub does it!)  ·   · 

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Vsevolod AlekseyevVsevolod Alekseyev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My app calls home every time an in-app purchase happens. As a result, sales show up in my reports two days before they show up in Microsoft's. Crying shame.

• HelminthHelminth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In app download report there also needs to be way to see from what countries my app/game has been downloaed. Now it is only possible when i export downloads data to excel but not straight away from web interface.

• Vsevolod AlekseyevVsevolod Alekseyev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously, Dev Center people, have you ever sold anything?

Try talking to the nice people at accounting - see what's their take on the sales channel that does not provide any transaction details whatsoever - not an identifying number, not a dollar amount - just the fact that a transaction took place.

And keep in mind that it's not Microsoft who's selling software at the Store - it's us developers.

Better yet, study the competition. Take a look at iTunes Connect, and Google Play dev console.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Reporting requires a lot of improvement. Country wise data is difficult to pull up. There is no way to figure out where the downloads are from unless we select each city and refresh the report.

a tabular breakdown report country wise would help

• Mark Wager-SmithMark Wager-Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, near real-time stats seems like a very reasonable request. Microsoft states that the delay is to allow for credit card transactions to fulfill. So call them "Pending" payments in the report. We're all big boys and girls and can understand what that means. My bank does the same thing, I can see online a deposit made within minutes of it being made. To me, this would remove a huge frustration with the App Hub portal.

• David LorenzinDavid Lorenzin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just see the android apphub from google, their analytics are real time and with lot of stats! Microsoft we need it too...

• TargoloTargolo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yep !
        we have no idea if the numbers represent the downloads in trial mode or the paid downloads

• Glenn MaughanGlenn Maughan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The app hub needs to provide a download of the raw sales data including the date, price, currency, conversion rate (if a conversion occured) and some way to consolidate the trial and purchases. With this data we will be able to do whaterver analysis is needed and the charts that the app hub provide become less important. We would also be able to reconcile this data with payments. Trust in a process only occurs when it is transparent.

• kingpkingp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also say that this reporting needs to be current as of the last 24 hours. Android Market shows me current stats from today, why can't AppHub? I can only get stats as of 1 week previous. This info is good, but could be better.

• mobilewaresmobilewares commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In hindsight - this suggestion should be in the App Hub section (and not app platform) - so apologies for this (it was my first suggestion and didnt know there were different sections). It would be good if an administrator could move this (as I'm not able to do it).

Feedback and Knowledge Base