How can we improve the Windows Phone dev platform?

Open access for XBOX Live achievements

Give ability to create games that have access for xbox live achievements. It doesn't have to be full access. Still only partners can have a "Xbox live" mark on their game icon, but having a one place for achievements, leader boards and friends would be great (WP7 Live?)

31 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Marcin KrupińskiMarcin Krupiński shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • RP InteractiveRP Interactive commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actually, if the Xbox team wants out of this, it is fine, but Windows Phone Games still !need a concept! for having an achievement system, that is nice and stable.

• dastopherdastopher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree.

@Tim: There should be open access to achievements, but without the points. This keeps the points valuable, but the user experience the same across all games.

• TimTim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I disagree, keep achievements restricted. I like the fact that there's a sense of quality control around what can give you an achievement. It makes the achievement points actually mean more. Otherwise you end up with a load of free games of really really cheap games that are designed just to give you achievement points. Then peoples achievement score becomes less about achievements for playing games and more about who's spent time downloading rubbish just for the points.

Feedback and Knowledge Base