How can we improve the Windows platform?

Better marketplace filtering

Allow filtering of marketplace results within categories beyond pay/free/top/new by adding filter by rating (ex: 4+), by price (ex: <$1.99), by number of downloads (ex: 10000+), or allow blacklisting of developers (or developer rankings) so spam apps and spam devs could be avoided.

114 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Brandon SproulBrandon Sproul shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • stefstef commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And for my experience, I published one application with 4 keywords. But when I search my application with one of these keywords, impossible to find it. The marketplace search engine is very strange...

• jb dunaudjb dunaud commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Filtering by language would be very useful as for me, as I don't need results in Chinese for example

• D.ClarkD.Clark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a dev you might be sorry if users ever got a sort-by-rating option. Competition will encourage jerks to down-rate any apps that threaten their position at the top. Also, if the first rating your app ever gets happens to be a poor one, your app will never be seen again.

Some people give bad ratings to any app that happens to have an ad, for example. The marketplace has a Government + Politics category. Imagine the reasons behind the bad ratings you might see in there.

Better filtering yes, but not by rating.

• Player420Player420 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i wish i could put more than a vote on this. filtering in marketplace is a worse experience ever. you can find same app available in almost all categoris, argggg... not only that suggestion for similar apps is another worst experience. MS has to do a really good job in marketplace search, filter, and app suggestion, currently i'd rate it as C-:(

Feedback and Knowledge Base