Improve testability of the platform
There are a number of factors preventing TDD and BDD in the current release:
* Pure logic unit tests can't be run directly in Visual Studio using MSTest
* Only available testing library is a link on Jeff Wilcox's blog (at least add it to the WP Toolkit)
* No support for running the testing framework in a CI environment
* No UI automation support
* SDK cannot be installed on a build server (without modification, which is not supported)
* SDK installs Visual Studio (not possible to install only emulator + libraries)
Any improvement here would be greatly appreciated.
Between the Windows Phone 8.0 and 8.1 releases, most of these issues have been resolved/implemented into the tooling.
You could use the Portable Class Libraries (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg597391.aspx) for this.