How can we improve the Windows platform?

Create a Windows Phone with attached gamepad similar to Sony's Xperia Play

In my humble opinion, the Windows Phone is the best gaming phone on the market today. The connection with XNA and Xbox are limitless. I would love to see a Windows Phone that had real controls. If Microsoft or one of the manufacturers created a phone like that, it would make the experience even more awesome! Apple made a mistake of blocking any type of gamepad control for their phone. I would love to see Microsoft follow the path of Xperia Play and embrace this type of phone!

36 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Flavio SmirneFlavio Smirne shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • TravisTravis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES
        It's already happening on Android, with the Moga controller. Microsoft (or some partner) needs to make this happen for Windows phones, especially now that there's WP8!

• JJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make this happen. Can you imagine how many Android/iPhone users would come to Windows Phone if you created an API for physical game controls and integrated it fully with all your XBox live titles? Android can't do this the way that you can because you have the XBox brand and you can license it to all your Developers/OEMs. Android's only hope of doing this is through Sony. If you guys are serious about gaining maketshare, you have to do this and support it properly. Encourage your OEMs to build hardware to support it. Let's be honest, The Xbox brand is cool in the console gaming arena. However, it's getting it's ass kicked in the mobile gaming arena by Android and Apple... Android ok, but Apple? what the heck do they know about gaming? You have to do something about this or soon they'll take over the control you have in the gaming market. I like Angry Birds/Fruit Ninja, but I think we have enough of these type of games, It's time to get some real console type games on the Windows Phone platform. If you do it properly Android/Apple won't be able to keep up with you. Can you imagine playing Halo on your Windows Phone device with physical game controls? People would have no choice but to flock to this platform. Don't believe me? just take a look at all the comments from all the people who want to see hardware designs and innovation similar to this. So many say they would leave Android/IOS for it
        http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/23/microsoft-patents-modular-windows-phone-with-swappable-batteries/

• demani5056demani5056 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is a great idea and to add you could even sync it to the xbox and use it as a controller

• jolyrojrjolyrojr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wouldnt want them all the time, but i would use a usb connected cradle with controls, when im chillen at home playing my wp7

Feedback and Knowledge Base