How can we improve the Windows Phone dev platform?

Deep zoom & pan / multiscale image

I request that the MultiScaleImage library to be able to access isolated storage. There are many places where apps will not connect to a cell tower [e.g. in a general aviation (or commercial) aircraft where cell phones do not work well [it is illegal to use in any case] and also in isolated rural areas. Also, why pay data charges to view the same image over and over [aren’t music & photo libraries stored on phones?] And finally memory is very cheap. Some suggest that large images (even broken into tiles) are inappropriate for storage on a phone – that is ridiculous! If a user wants an application to host content, whether it be 1GB of music or 1GB of image tiles for a needed application that should be their prerogative. Local MultiScaleImage functionality is available on iPhone so please do not put WP7 developers at a disadvantage. If a user wants to pan around a large image what difference does it make to the form factor whether it is local or online - none! Please get this component opened up for isolated storage use in the near future.

92 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Robert BakerRobert Baker shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Stefan OlsonStefan Olson shared a merged idea: deepzoom  ·   · 

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)