How can we improve the Windows platform?

Allow direct dialing on PhoneCallTask

Allow users to choose if they want the "call/don't call" prompt dialog when an app invokes PhoneCallTask.

Fast dialing apps are killed by this limitation.

The same way a user can grant for background tasks, he could grant the app permissions to make direct dialing.

932 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JDB PocketwareJDB Pocketware shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AlexAlex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also It will be cool, if developer will have a chance to add custom buttons to dialer UI

• vikasvikas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi
        Is there any update for adding the direct dialing. This feature is very important for fast dialing apps, developers will highly appreciate considering this feature in future release

• Jerry LatimerJerry Latimer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was thrilled to switch from an iPhone 5 to a Windows Phone 8 device but was surprised there wasn't a "favorites" like feature for contacts like the iOS has where a single touch is all it takes to initiate the call from that page. I thought to write one myself but ran into this issue where it would require a confirmation before a call is initiated which means that a quick call app is not going to help close that gap. I hope they add it soon.

• ChrisChris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In term of business apps this limitation force developers to go on android. Same limitation for Iphone.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please add 2 access levels, the default as it now, with a prompt. but for "dialing apps" add special permission to dial without the prompts. of course do not allow the direct call to any app, only for dialing apps.
        and it will be great if you allow to replace system applications for dialing, sms, calendar, etc. with non-prompting tasks.

Feedback and Knowledge Base