How can we improve the Windows Phone dev platform?

MediaPlayer.PlayPosition should be able to be set

If my users want to move through a song a little bit, there is no way to do that, as MediaPlayer.PlayPosition is read only! Should be able to set it.

141 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Stefan OlsonStefan Olson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • SalvatorSalvator commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is no wonder why apps are more better for other platforms. I'm so disappointed ... and we are living year 2014 soon.

• Phong VuPhong Vu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do you mean the MediaElement class? If yes, then setting a position is no problem at all. You can seek and set a position with MediaElement.Position property.

• Peter ValterssonPeter Valtersson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is essential functionality of any mediaplayer. I cannot quite understand why it isn't already possible as it would open up lots of doors.

• Alun JonesAlun Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As with others, I want to play audiobooks, audio drama, recorded radio programs, all of which I want to resume from where I left off. Windows Phone fails in not letting me do this.

• Tero RönkköTero Rönkkö commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am seeking for a way to play audiobooks on the device and it seems impossible to create audiobook app without seek/setposition. PLEASE do implement this.

• zl1zl1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! This is probably the reason that the built-in music player lacks a scrubber. But how was the built-in player able to implement the fast-forward and rewind (i.e. by long pressing the skip buttons) if there is no way to seek within a song?

Feedback and Knowledge Base