How can we improve the Windows platform?

Please Open Alarm class Sound Property can acess IsolatedStorage file

In Microsoft.Phone.Scheduler.Alarm Class,sound property can acess "content " file ,why can not acess isolatedStorage wave file?please open api.

32 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello fellow Windows Platform Developers, 3 years have passed since this thread and sad to say but this has NOT been improved until now by the Windows Platform team, please refer to this similar thread requesting for an improved Alarm/Reminder APIs:
        http://wpdev.uservoice.com/forums/110705-dev-platform/suggestions/6281055-need-improved-alarm-reminder-apis-in-wp8-1-run

Windows Phone 8.1 is here but there is still no improved equivalent of the current (and old) Alarm/Reminder APIs in the Universal Windows Runtime. Let's put our all votes on that thread (instead of multiple threads) so that it can be officially acknowledged by the WPDev team. Thanks!

• NielsNiels commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

also allow an external stream to be played as an alarm sound. Just make a capability for this and have the user decide if he/she wants to allow and use this functionality. Currently I have to add texts in my WP8 apps like: "Windows Phone limitation" which nobody likes to see.

• Levente MihalyLevente Mihaly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And open it to a user's media library and included alarm sounds. Or even use the users' default alert sound.

Feedback and Knowledge Base