How can we improve the Windows platform?

internal search engine

it would be nice to have a search engine so we can use keywords to find different items in our smartphone. i had that option in my nokia n97 and used it a lot.

779 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    StefmirStefmir shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    DavidWalkerDavidWalker shared a merged idea: Enable Search in Text Messages  ·   · 
    Claus KonradClaus Konrad shared a merged idea: Search Calender  ·   · 

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Cliff SimpkinsAdminCliff Simpkins (Sr Product Manager, Windows Phone Developer) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Xav, a couple points to your comment:
        - Cortana is an app UI over top of the Bing services, don't view this as an all-or-nothing. My understanding is that the search capability is available from the standard search screen on a 8.1 device, regardless of if you have a happy circle or not.
        - You don't have to talk to Cortana. If you use voice, Cortana audibly responds. You can also use text, and she responds silently. Allowing you to use voice in proper contexts and for proper content.

• XavXav commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Corta what ?!? We know that Cortana will be available only in English in first time. First, I do not want to speak to my phone in English (it's not my natural language like billions of Windows users) ; second, there are situations where it is inappropriate and rude to talk to my smartphone. And what will we do when this smart full synthetic women does not understand us. Note that Apple has a global search engine... This is common sense, especially when you have a business use of your smartphone. Innovate, yes, but before: commin sense, please !

• VCVC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the Feature to the WP 8,1 or 8,2 Release...

• Saugata DattaSaugata Datta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Local search like SMS / Mails / Images / Video / Installed Apps using key word Integrated with Bing search, so that we can find any content easyly.

Feedback and Knowledge Base