How can we improve the Windows platform?

Top Rated Apps List

I spent so much time and effort making an awesome app with almost 5 star averaging rating, yet there is no option in the Marketplace to sort by Top Rated so that people can easily find it ?!
Please add a Top Rated list ASAP!

20 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Edward DennekampEdward Dennekamp shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • D.ClarkD.Clark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not sure this is a good idea. Users naturally "think" they want only the best-rated stuff, so if it were there, it's all they would use. That means if your app's first rating is bad, it will never be seen again. Ever.

Users give apps a bad rating for all kinds of wrong reasons. They don't like ads, they don't like competition, they think phone apps should be as powerful as desktop apps, they just like being mean, or they don't like your political point of view (we have a Politics category in this marketplace, remember).

You can get phone apps that are marketplace substitutes. The contents of their Top Rated category doesn't change much over time. Big surprise, it's a positive feedback loop that works against newcomers.

Feedback and Knowledge Base