How can we improve the Windows platform?

Option to submit your app only to markets where taxes are accounted for.

Currently, you can submit an app to all countries, or specific countries. I would like a button I can click that will only select the countries for which Microsoft already accounts for any taxes.

33 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    goodbar developmentgoodbar development shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • goodbar developmentgoodbar development commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To be more specific the button would just make your app available in the Remittance Countries listed in the App Developer Agreement (excerpt below):

h. Taxes on App Transactions. If you choose to have Microsoft make your app available for customers in the United States, any current member country of the European Union, Canada, Norway, Switzerland, Taiwan or Liechtenstein (Remittance Countries), Microsoft (or its billing service provider) will collect and remit sales, use, goods and services, value added or similar taxes, if any, applicable to your app as made available in such country(s) through the Windows Store. In any country other than the Remittance Countries, Microsoft will not remit any sales, use, goods and services, value added or other similar tax. You are responsible for determining whether you have an obligation to register, collect, and remit taxes in any country other than the Remittance Countries, and you must designate the sales price of your app to include any applicable taxes that you are obligated to collect and pay in those countries. For additional tax information and requirements please see MSDN.

Feedback and Knowledge Base