How can we improve the Windows platform?

Create/Update/Delete reminders and alarms from a BackgroundAgent

You can't add/update/delete alarms or reminders from a BackgroundAgent. It'd be great if we at least has the ability to change/edit reminders and alarms that were created by that app.

30 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mohammed AdenwalaMohammed Adenwala shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Mohammed AdenwalaMohammed Adenwala shared a merged idea: backgroundagent  ·   · 

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ShaunShaun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I get the feeling this is a limitation because it is the same task as adding a background agent, and they don't want applications cheating the 2 week re-activation limit by calling it in the background, so instead of just limiting the call for adding background agents it just limits the call to the function which prevents Alarms and Reminders as well. Pretty big design flaw, presents doing a whole bunch of cool stuff for managing alarms / calendars etc. I know I just did a test first project and didn't find out about this limitation until trying to implement the actual Background Agent, only way to prevent the code being wasted is to wait for this to be fixed or move the code to Android / Apple :(

Feedback and Knowledge Base