How can we improve the Windows Phone dev platform?

Separate volume as android and ios, a single volume for app and for system is a poor choice. It's essential.

a separate volume would be perfect as it allows to handle the volume of an app much more simply.

803 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AndreaAndrea shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Carl BartonCarl Barton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. Need to be able to set "media" volume for stuff like Games low/off while leaving the ringer on/high. I don't know how many times I've missed calls/texts because I turned down the volume to not annoy others in the vicinity.

• Stephen WeatherfordStephen Weatherford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When listening to podcasts I frequently have to have the volume very high. Then a sudden reminder comes and practically makes me deaf.

• Gary RitterGary Ritter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've never once observed a time when I wish this were the case. What benefit is it to have angry birds at one level and then a phone call rings at a different level?

• Timothy HuberTimothy Huber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One nice thing I have noticed is that there are independent volumes for when the phone is connected to play music through Bluetooth...and it remembers the volume setting for that device! Coming from someone with a background audio app, that's a nice touch. In general though, a different volume level would be nice (even just for the ringer, you know, like Windows Mobile 6.x).

Feedback and Knowledge Base