How can we improve the Windows platform?

Stop/Pause Media Queue when Bluetooth Disconnects

If there is media being played via the Media Queue, the playstate should be paused automatically when a Bluetooth connection is lost. Currently the media continues to play via the internal speaker.

Alternatively, if the Media Queue is currently paused when a Bluetooth connection is present, it should resume playing.

At the very least, this should be a configuration settings to allow this behavior.

17 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Matt MMatt M shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Matt MMatt M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Quick Update - I believe that there was a "Network" update that I got from the store (I usually don't look at these, just click to keep updated) and I believe (still testing) that it has resolved this issue.

I am running the following:

Nokia Lumia 920
        OS Ver: 8.0.10211.204
        Firmware: 1232.5962.1314.0001

If anyone can confirm this, I would greatly appreciate it!

Another interesting add... (I am definitely chalking this to a BUG) I was driving yesterday and had my radio turned off (Bluetooth is still connected for incoming calls.) I had no music playing from my phone, or the car stereo. When I stopped and turned off the card (BT Disconnect) music started playing from my phone... it wasn't playing before.

here's an interesting new addition to the behavior. I have been using Pandora since its release (so glad to have my stations on my phone.) I have noticed that if I wake the phone up before I disconnect from the Bluetooth, the Audio stops playing as expected. I have been able to do this multiple times with success. I don't have to unlock the phone, just wake it up. This obviously works best if I remember to put my phone in its dashboard holder, if I leave it in my pocket (happens a lot) it is still just as annoying!

It almost seems as though the phone isn't responding properly to bluetooth notifications (connect/disconnct) when it is sleeping.

I am using WP8 on a Lumia 920. Here are some other interesting aspect. Nokia music doesn't suffer from this issue. I have used Pandora radio, MetroRadio, Slacker, etc and they all seem to exhibit the same problem.

If my music is playing before it connects to Bluetooth, it continues to play through BT after it has connected. When I disconnect from BT it pauses as expected, but only when it is playing prior to BT connection

If I pause the music prior to disconnecting BT, it will resume playing when the BT connection is lost. Also very annoying.

If the music is paused, and a BT connection is made the music resumes playing (This is desired and expected behavior)

I have seen a LOT of threads were people speculate that this is a BT issue as some vehicles "aren't compatible" I have this issue with my Freedom stereo BT headset, my JawBone Jambox and my Bose SoundLink.

I am curious as to why Nokia music doesn't have this problem, but any other music streaming apps (haven't tested Xbox Music) fail horribly.

• JacobJacob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the htc 8x and when bluetooth disconnects, music starts blaring through my speakers.... so annoying.

• Derek GabrielDerek Gabriel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What version of WP are you referring to? Your request is exactly the experience I have with Bluetooth headphones I use with WP8 on my Lumia 920. If I walk too far from my phone and lose my BT connection, the music pauses. It also pauses automatically if I power off my headphones without first pausing my music. Music also resumes when I reconnect from an accidental disconnect.

Feedback and Knowledge Base