How can we improve the Windows platform?

Completely separate marketing submissions from XAP submissions & allow multiple submissions

Twice now, my app has failed certification due solely to marketing content. It has taken me 14 days to update a major crashing bug in my app because the certification process is inconsistent and poorly designed. I can't update the marketing text on my app to tell people a fix is on the way, because you can't have more than one submission in at a time.

This design is ridiculous. XAP submissions should go through one channel, and marketing changes should go through another. If you submit both at the same time, and the XAP passes but the marketing content doesn't, you should approve the XAP and fail the marketing. If you have a XAP in certification, you should be able to push through additional marketing changes, to keep customers informed of what is going on.

Otherwise, the 5 day delay in certification (and not certifying apps on weekends), coupled with only being able to submit one update at a time, marketing or otherwise, just holds me and my customers hostage. I've been waiting 14 days to push an update to my users, and that is unacceptable.

43 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Robert McLawsRobert McLaws shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Robert McLawsRobert McLaws commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I did. The bugs that were encountered in wide distribution to other countries did not show up in a limited beta. Also, it completely misses the point that marketing data should be separate from binary release data, and should go through separate editorial processes.

Feedback and Knowledge Base