How can we improve the Windows platform?

Add an Estimated Revenue Report

In any publisher platform, the most important number presented to publishers is their revenue, and it's completely missing from WP Dev dashboard.

There's no way to know how much money you're making until you're paid. All you can see is the amount you were already paid (which for some reason shows up as a big text even though once you got that money you don't really care about that number anymore) and how many paid downloads you have (which doesn't include the price charged for it, so if you ever change the app price, you can no longer figure out your revenue)

If you need an example of what publishers should see when they open the dashboard, check out pubcenter.microsoft.com. Not that the reports over there are much better but at least that most crucial data point is the most clear and visible number on the home page (as it is on any publisher portal).

If you're worried about paid transactions that won't go through, there's a simple solution, call it Estimated Revenue. Add the fine print that the numbers are subject to finalizing purchases or whatever legal wording you need there.

76 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    EShyEShy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • maciej pszczolińskimaciej pszczoliński commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the most importatn feature to add! It is the BASIC feature for any publisher trying to make money on Markeplace.

I suppose that people in Microsoft are very intellignet, and they didn't give us this data to make us fools :( ... or they don't want us to know how much money we have.

if I am wrong - tell my why it is not implemented yet?

Feedback and Knowledge Base