How can we improve the Windows platform?

Allow multiple Microsoft Accounts to manage a Dev Center Publisher account

For corporate accounts, sometimes there is a need for more than 1 live id to access the dev. center. For example, more than 1 person from development team needs access to the portal as well as the development lead. Currently, all these people need to share the same live-id which is totally impractical as it can be a personal live id of a manager and he is not willing to share it with others. It would be really nice if access can be given to other live ids as well!

501 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Nontas RontogiannisNontas Rontogiannis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

38 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ramesh KumarRamesh Kumar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We surly need this feature at least for Corporate accounts. So that all colleague can take the advantage of account features without come to me <they (sub-account) should not come for security code>. Specially, they can login without asking security questions/ code, can add/ remove devices, can submit the app and can register the App for Development etc.. <But they could not change the admin account settings>. All sub-account should have the same security level as per admin has now.
        Thanks!
        Looking this to release asap.

• Linda CLinda C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a desperately necessary feature ... enterprises intentionally work to avoid single points of failure. Only allowing a single user account for one company = sharing a login across users (which results in no traceability as to who actually did what) -or- tying everything to one employee which is impractical in the 24x7 world. FYI - your biggest competitors (Google and Apple have this capability)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

make it work now - you have BG behind you and should not take more than 24 hours to design and implement!!

• RonRon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hard to believe no one thought this through and that it has not been fixed yet. No wonder there are no good windows phone apps as this is easy to do with iOS and Android.

No one can hire consultants to build and maintain Windows apps without giving the keys to the store away. Better get off review and into implementation or you'll really be missing the bus.

• Mark HuffMark Huff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a problem for us as well, this type of setup(tiered authorizations) works on the iOS and android stores. I have an ultimate MSDN license, I can't let someone use my account to do deployments when I'm not in.

• AdrianaAdriana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This issue has been reported over a year ago, and there still is no improvement.
        Not only it's not possible to add multiple liveIDs to access the dev center. Once you have a liveID in the system it can't be changed.
        I initially created an account for Windows dev center, and today opened an account for Office - it forced me to use the same LiveID - just compounding the problem.
        It's ironic that there are so many security checks around LiveID and then we are forced to give our personal LiveID credentials to several people to share in order to submit apps to the Windows/Office stores.

• Richard SunRichard Sun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just echoing same as everybody else. this makes it really hard to use the app store dashboards as a business, especially since the live account used is used for a variety of other important things I *can't* give access to my team for. This is pretty essential feature to add if this is meant to ever be a competitive app store.

• Antti KopponenAntti Kopponen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We really need this support ASAP. In summer time we have this thing called Holidays. I don't know if you have heard of it? Now I have to give my Live Account password to the other team members, other option would have been coming to the office every time they need to update a new version of the App to the Store.

• Peter ColePeter Cole commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is major issue for us also, and I would say very poor user design not to implement this from the start. It is currently not that appealing anyway to publish dedicated Microsoft Apps due to current market size, so if Microsoft is serious about competing with Apple and Google then I would make this a priority 1 fix. This is currently a major roadblock for my global corporation releasing Windows Store Apps. If this is not resolved in a few weeks we may decide to bypass Microsoft Store developments completely and focus on the other Appstores and Devcenters which are more large corporation focussed.

Update needed on this asap! Our company is also ready for a game to be published, but need to get around this security problem. Any chance to get this feature in the near future?

• Lasse KoskelaLasse Koskela commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? We're one of the said consulting companies currently borrowing the clients' Live accounts.

So your telling me to give my password and username for the outsource so he can create and upload the app? Don't tell me to do it yourself cause i have paid him to do it!

• Paul KilburnPaul Kilburn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there an ETA on this feature Cliff? Even a rough one? I've got a game ready for publishing, but there's no way I'm passing my user ID and password around all and sundry for this to happen.

I fear i'm missing a basic point.
        What is the basic purpose of letting you add a developer in the corporate developer account?
        What can actually happen with that id??

Abhi

• Jonas WikströmJonas Wikström commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The lack of multiple users support for business account made ​​me flabbergasted. What you guys suggest as an alternative is a security disaster.

This functionality is required.

• ArturArtur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oldest posts here have almost a year. In my humble opinion there is not other way to describe it other than "LOL"

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base