How can we improve the Windows platform?

Allow developers to sign into the VS2012 phone emulator with a Microsoft account. Why this is not allowed is beyond me.

Developers need to be able to use their MS account to sign into the VS2012 phone emulator. If it is a real account I do not see the problem here? We need to be able to test our applications with other windows apps installed. Even if they are only the free apps. Why is this disabled? What is the issue here?

18 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    TanerTaner shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • PepperdotNetPepperdotNet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not to mention the usefulness of having something where a potential customer could actually try out Windows Phone and see how it works and if it will fit their needs before buying one. I don't have one yet, but I've been able to find out that email, contacts and calendar work well with my Exchange Server; and the browser works well, and that I will need to setup a SharePoint server so I can access Office documents on my local network. I can't test SkyDrive or Office365 without logging in. I would also like to download a few apps or game demos to see if they will be satisfactory for instance.

Feedback and Knowledge Base