How can we improve the Windows platform?

Windows Phone 8.1 - Contact search not working

Windows Phone 8.1 Dev Preview - When I type in a name to search for, it shows no results, regardless of what I am searching for. I have a business email account with thousands of contacts. Typing "A" (or any letter for that matter) returns no results.

15 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • FeedmasterFeedmaster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

same on Lumia 1520. I renstalled all without installing the LinkdIn app and was working fine until i installed the latest WF 8.1 update ... yesterday ...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here's an update. I thought the issue last time was Facebook. Now I'm sure what it was. I had to restore the update for things to work again. It is working perfectly now. I'll try to download the latest update and see if the problem returns.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same issue. It happened when I just upgraded to 8.1. After playing with the phone for a few days, it appeared to just start working again. I think it was Facebook related, but I don't remember. I just recently upgraded the 8.1 preview and it is doing the same thing again. I've tried removing Facebook again and this didn't' fix it. I have more than 4,000 contacts so scrolling through isn't an option for me.

• xyjprcxyjprc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Exactly the same here. Updated to WP8.1 on Lumia 1020 and contacts searching not working (in people hub, SMS receipients, etc). Tried unlinking all accounts and link them back proves no use.

Feedback and Knowledge Base