How can we improve the Windows platform?

Cortana API

It will be great to provide an API allowing developers to interact with Cortana following this workflow:
1- Get command from Cortana.
2- Do some processes.
3- Get back to Cortana with response data (do not exit from Cortana UI).
4- Cortana responds the user.
Please vote if you're interested by this feature request.

162 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mohamed OuederniMohamed Ouederni shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Peter WonePeter Wone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is what I want, too. What currently exists is essentially sophisticated recognition and parsing followed by pass-through. It's one way. It's a very good start, but it treats Cortana as little more than a thin veneer over a normal app. If Microsoft wants this to be a category killer, this is my advice: treat Cortana as an AI framework. Apps should be able to function as domain knowledge providers. They may also have conventional UI; this is a separate matter. Use a VCD style file to specify weighted keywords to help Cortana assess service provider relevance. The "VCD" file should also specify a state machine definition for scripting conversations. There should also be a way to return an explicit spoken response. Implicit in the above is a need for developer tooling for preparing the state machine and the associated voice files.

• VCVC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the German language to be faster than in a year . For this to feed into the development of new applications .

• Mohamed OuederniMohamed Ouederni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its about empowering Cortana with knowledge from apps without the need to say "Cortana, open app X do Y".
        But by saying "Cortana do Y" directly.

Feedback and Knowledge Base