How can we improve the Windows platform?

Improve Alarm and Reminder APIs

First, Alarm and Reminder classes are not even included in the Windows Phone RunTime.

So, please, include them in the next sdk.

Second, those two classes are very very limited. There's no way to change the snooze duration, no way to use music from Music Library for the tones and you cannot customize the 'dismiss' popup window too.

I raised a request on the uservoice site over a year and a half ago, it's got 15k user votes but was rejected recently, because the admin thought it's a dev question (Well, there are 1000 USERS complaining about these missing features)...

https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions/suggestions/3391050-third-party-alarm-app-enhancements-custom-sound-?page=9&per_page=20

And there's worse... In Windows Phone 8.1, if you enable an alarm in any third party alarm app, you can't use Cortana to set up an alarm anymore...

Please, I love WP and I'd love to continue on improving my app, but with all these I simply can't do much about it.

26 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Justin LiuJustin Liu shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...