How can we improve the Windows platform?

Need (improved) Alarm & Reminder APIs in WP8.1 RunTime for creating Universal apps

There's currently no way to create a universal app that has alarm/reminder functionality because these APIs are not included in the new WP RunTime.

Also, the existing Alarm & Reminder APIs for WP8 are very limited. When they eventually get added into the new RunTime, can you guys please consider the following possible improvements?

1. Able to select a song from Music Library as the alarm/reminder tone.
2. Allow custom snooze time.
3. Vibrate only support.
4. Allow customizing the Alarm/Reminder popup.

I raised a request on the uservoice site over a year and a half ago, it's got 15k user votes but was rejected recently, because the admin thought it's a dev question (Well, there are a thousand users complaining about these missing features)...
https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions/suggestions/3391050-third-party-alarm-app-enhancements-custom-sound-?page=9&per_page=20

Please, I love WP and I'd love to continue on improving my app, but with all these roadblocks I simply can't do much about it.

1,030 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Justin LiuJustin Liu shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

73 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...