How can we improve WP Dev documentation?

Better MSDN documentation like we have for Win32 APIs

Can we have better quality documentation on MSDN? (Especially context help from Visual Studio)? I am coming from Win32 background, and I am used to having very detailed better documentation. In WP7 world, I have below problems
1. The default context passed from Visual Studio. When I have a WP7 project open why can't the context documentation default to Silverlight? Every time it opens in "NET Framework 4" context, and I need to change to Silverlight to get WP7 specific version
2. Utter lack of documentation of few controls. E.g. Pivot Item SelectionChanged event
http://msdn.microsoft.com/query/dev10.query?appId=Dev10IDEF1&l=EN-US&k=k(MICROSOFT.PHONE.CONTROLS.PIVOT.SELECTIONCHANGED);
Only valuable line in that whole page is “Occurs when the currently selected item changes.”. It does not even link to SelectionChangedEventArgs, what is the type of Sender? How do I get the selected PivotItem? How to PivotItem that lost selection?

11 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AdarshaAdarsha shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdarshaAdarsha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One more are that needs some more attention is INotifyCollectionChanged Interface, there is no (not even one) single example for any of the APIs/Classes. The quality of documentation for this interface is pathetic to say the least.

Feedback and Knowledge Base