Vastly improve stack-trace reporting
Stack traces are great, but some more information could be added, and provided for each individual crash:
1. The version of the app that crashed
2. The date of the crash (exact time wouldn't hurt either)
3. The exact OS version it crashed on
4. The hardware it crashed on
5. The language (or some sort of region info) used by the phone it crashed on
6. Anything else that would help us isolate a problem when we can't reproduce a crash on our own phones or in the emulator.
The current error reporting system is a step in the right direction, but it's insufficient. Some kind of opaque device ID (and maybe also manufacturer/model data) would be good so we can see if there's one particular user hitting the same exception repeatedly, or if one particular device is problematic. Also it would be nice to somehow contact the users who are hitting these exceptions, though I realize that that might have privacy issues. The excel file is not the greatest format for these reports either, because I have to copy and paste out of it to see the stack trace in a way that's readable.
Dave C commented
I agree with this. I've started using crittercism.com which seems to be pretty good though if you have a lot of users then its not free.
Daniels Danilins commented
There is an exception type in current report, but no exception message. Please add it.
Add at least the app version!
Andrew Schofield commented
It would really help with responding to crash reports if the version of the app was included. As it is, it is very hard to work out if I've fixed a crash.
David Lorenzin commented
The source code line number, as normal ex.stacktrace desktop framework. For me now is useless, I see only 'core....dll' errors...