Universal Windows Platform

Welcome to the Windows Platform Developer (WPDev) Feedback site. This feedback forum provides the WPDev community with a channel for feedback on the following topics:

• Windows developer platform (APIs, runtimes, and controls)
  • Dev Center (developer portal, back-end services, reporting/analytics and process)
  • Microsoft Store

Your suggestions will be reviewed by the Windows platform developer team, providing feedback to help with planning ideas and to better understand how developers are using the development platform.

What this forum is not intended to cover or capture:

• Windows:
  • Documentation on docs.microsoft.com
    • Sign in to give documentation feedback via Github
  • Visual Studio / .NET

If you’re new to this whole UserVoice thing, we’d like to note two important things about this site: (a) List items (and item rankings) represent community interest in features, and does not represent an actual priority list for the product team; and (b) Suggestions made using this forum will be moderated if they do not actually represent a feature request.

How can we improve the Windows dev platform?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Offer poolmon as standalone application

I have a driver causing a memory leak. Microsoft's official support reccomends that I use a tool called poolmon to find which driver is causing the leak.

Poolmon is not offered as a standalone tool, and only as part of the Windows Driver Kit, so I must download the entire Windows Driver Kit to access this one small tool.

In order to download the Windows Driver Kit, I must first install Visual Studio 2017.

I am not going to download multiple GBs of **** that I will never use to fix a memory leak. That just turns my memory leak…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  App Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Add store URI schema support for app extension searching

Add store uri schema like ms-windows-store://assoc/?AppExt=%q to search app extensions

2 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

• please give my elderly mother her windows, it is hard for them to learn over maybe and you could call it easy windows mom and dad

I have been building computers and my first was a dos and i played game'son it. and now that i am in my 50's Iam still playing and building but my mother and her friends cant keep up with windows they are having a hard time finding there way around windows please give them back the old windows that they can navigate. and we can say its windows for Mom and dad.

1 vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

• The next crazy Idea: Stop spoiling your customers with annoying Software

You know it for sure: one developer produces great software like Google Chrome, Paint.net or many others.

The other developers try to force customers to use their software, for example M$ with Edge and "Paint 3D". M$ even tries to pay customers to use Bing & Edge.

This is the crezy idea:
          M$ could try again to develop great software again as many years before which your customers want to install themselves, because it's just fun to work with and it brings great benefits to users.

**** of customers by M$ with forced and uncompetitive software like Edge, Paint 3D,…

1 vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Improve extensions enumeration API

It should be possible to enumerate all available app extensions from the Store, particularly those which are not installed. This will allow to implement in-app extension catalog, which is a common scenario.

I haven't found any possible way to do that, so I assume it doesn't exist currently.

7 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Allow WebView to access files in the Local folder

Allow the WebView to display URI from the application's local folder.

Currently I developinng an application based on Xamarin.Forms and it is not possible on UWP to access files in the local folder. On Android this is no problem.

2 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Fix <uap3:Verb MultiSelectModel="Player">

Currently, MultiSelectModel does not work as documented:

Player: Your app is activated one time. All of the selected files are passed to your app as argument parameters.

As far as Anniversary Update and Creators Update are concerned, MultiSelectModel has no effect and only one file is passed as argument to the application regardless of how many files have been selected in Explorer.

Please support the passing of all selected files as command arguments.

2 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base