How can we improve the Windows platform?

Please - allow readonly access to Call History and Text History

For creating more contact centric views of contacts

1,584 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    GerryGerry shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

63 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AndrewAndrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really hope this comes with W10. Even if your app had to go through more checks to make sure this wouldn't be exploited. How else are we meant to get apps for smart watches etc that can handle the sending a receiving of texts.

• Daniel HalanDaniel Halan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a really valuable feature for Enterprise / LOB / SaaS Apps, to be able to send Phone Number + Call Length to back-end system, one of many possible features,
        To keep track of all communication with Internal and External entities.

As of now Android is our primary mobile platform due it being able to provide these APIs

• aloahaaloaha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Because of such limitations we are currently considering to shift all development activities to Android

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This functionality should be included. One of the things that kept me and a number of friends from windows phone was the lack of convenience tools for which this could facilitate. For instance, MySMS is available on android and iPhone and allows you to send text messages from your web browser instead of having to pick up your phone. You would need some control over sending texts or at least using the history to keep everything in sync.

• SalimSalim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You could clearly highlight the permission request to access their Call and SMS, so we can read those information for productive and quality apps WITH USER PERMISSION.

• HenrikHenrik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Call log and statistics over calls is an essential functionallity of any smartphone.

Since Microsoft consider call logs a security risk for developers to get access to, then Microsoft should have made call statistics available for end users in other ways. It cannot be a such a complex task to implement a call log statistics view.

Microsoft cannot just eliminate the possibillity to get such basic information, and think that it's a route to success.

I am developing for both android and Windows phone, and when I frequently discuss API's with colleagues, we sometimes laugh at Windows Phones general lack of basic features. This is certainly one of them.

• Andreas HerrmannAndreas Herrmann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love my Call Log App on Android where I can select in which calendar I want to record the Call I just made for later review regarding billing etc. I even would write a basic App that does this for me, but with that limitation in place it wouldn't be possible -_-

• KjartanKjartan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One way to implement this partially without enabling apps to datamine this information for spaming or other considerations would be to insert a button on the entry in the call list to allow the user to send the information manually to apps that have registered for the API.

• Arnout CalmeynArnout Calmeyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need it for Project Management and billing reasons, we need: name, nr, start, end, duration, incoming/outgoing

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My company is looking to move from Android to Windows 8.1 phones but one of the obstacles we are seeing is that there are no Pager apps. We are looking into building our own but it looks like the Windows.Devices.Sms type methods are not available in Windows Phone 8.1. Is there a reference I can use to get the same functionality?

• AnthonyAnthony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm looking at the enterprise and the options this gives us for call reporting. We are able to do this for VoIP users and users of BlackBerry devices but our growing Windows Phone base is missing.

• JP HellemonsJP Hellemons commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to log texts and calls in my live calender, like android can store it in the google cal (with an app)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be useful for responding to such events that cause the phone to physically respond to suppress them given user input. Whether it be vibration or sound. Detecting incoming SMS and calls could then allow the app to respond appropriately given a certain state or time (user input)

• Gonzalo CasasGonzalo Casas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am a developer for the Yellow Pages of Switzerland. For us, the use case is absolutely fundamental to the very idea of yellow pages.

• DavidDavid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a pager I have to have on me at all times. It would be really nice to forward messages to my phone and page me with that so I no longer need to carry a pager with me. My friends with an android phone have this capability and I would really like to write a similar app for windows phone.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base