How can we improve the Windows dev platform?

Convert an individual account into a company one

I started as a sole developer, and now there's a group of us, and we are registered as a business with IRS. I would like to be able to convert my individual account in the Marketplace into a company one without losing my publisher name, my brand, my app portfolio and my user base. It is a common scenario in the "real" world, so why should it be impossible in the Marketplace?

190 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Arkady EltermanArkady Elterman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: It should be possible to upgrade an individual account to a company account.  ·   · 

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • GregGreg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we did this move on ios and android and it was very easy. Developers definitly need a way to migrate from an individual account to company account because this is a very usual issue when business is growing. I think both Microsoft and us want the business to grow, right ???

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you start out as an individual developer account and then later incorporate into a company, it should be possible to convert your account and change your publisher name without having to create an entirely different account. The current way you are supposed to do it is to make a new account and transfer the apps however, if you use the Windows Push Notification system then it is not possible to transfer an app at all. This problem does not exist on any of the other mobile platforms. On Android Google Play store you can change your publisher name instantly and for iOS Store you can make the change with only a couple days lag time. And on neither of them does it ruin your push notifications.

• AndriiAndrii commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can transfer apps by contacting support and you can change name from one account to another.
        However I wonder too why I can't switch country and account type!

• DanielDaniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having the same problem with my "Windows Phone" version. For my 'iPhone' version, it was a matter of simple call to Apple support and the problem was solved within 2 business days. I don't see why it is not possible with Windows Marketplace.

Feedback and Knowledge Base