How can we improve the Windows dev platform?

Support Monthly/Yearly subscriptions for app purchasing.

As app developers we are currently stuck with 2 methods of generating revenues 1) one time app payment 2) Ads.

I would like to see a monthly/yearly subscription model introduced that let me charge users $5 a year for my app for example.

This would mean we could make ad free apps that developers are motivated to keep adding features to over time since they are generating ongoing revenues.

75 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Chris JohnsonChris Johnson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    BrendanBrendan shared a merged idea: Allow In App Purchases on a subscription basis to cover things like Azure usage  ·   · 

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • BrendanBrendan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For me to develop an app using something like Azure, a subscription based payment system is necessary to cover costs. If you want more developers bootstrapping an app to use Azure then this is the way to do it!

• BrendanBrendan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to develop apps that use an Azure backend. Other than advertising, there are no Store payment options that can cover monthly costs.

I want the Store to handle payments/cancellations/refunds etc. and regular customer debits so I can concentrate on writing the apps.

With the current options of one off payments it is very difficult to bootstrap service backed apps as an independent developer.

• Valentin HuberValentin Huber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great seeing this feature for Windows Apps. Because implementing it as in-app purchase is disturbing for the client, since he is forced to approve the transaction, every time.

• Henrique DuarteHenrique Duarte commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm developing an application for iOS, Android and WP, but I can't make subscription purchase works for Windows Phone. =/

Feedback and Knowledge Base