How can we improve the Windows dev platform?

Extend the DeviceNetworkInformation with MNC and MMC

Extend the DeviceNetworkInformation with the MNC (Mobile Network Code) and MMC (Mobile Country Code) values. We have an application that needs this information, and we cannot get it from the current DeviceNetworkInformation.CellularMobileOperator property, because the operator name can change over time.

313 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could you also extend the MSDN documentation of MobileBroadbandNetwork.RegisteredProviderId (if the link above is corect answer for this idea) with some example values (i.e. 310 26 - T-Mobile USA) and remark about MNC (Mobile Network Code) and MMC (Mobile Country Code)? Without these additional info is very hard to guess that RegisteredProviderId has something to do with MNC and MMC...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could you extend the MSDN documentation of WwanConnectionProfileDetails.HomeProviderId with some example values (i.e. 310 26 - T-Mobile USA) and remark about MNC (Mobile Network Code) and MMC (Mobile Country Code)? Without these additional info is very hard to guess that HomeProviderId has something to do with MNC and MMC...

• Thomas LevesqueThomas Levesque commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@ClintRutkas, are you sure the link is correct? I don't see anything like the MCC or MNC in the class you linked to. Or is the information contained in the RegisteredProviderId property?

Feedback and Knowledge Base