How can we improve the Windows platform?

Allow multiple Microsoft Accounts to manage a Dev Center Publisher account

For corporate accounts, sometimes there is a need for more than 1 live id to access the dev. center. For example, more than 1 person from development team needs access to the portal as well as the development lead. Currently, all these people need to share the same live-id which is totally impractical as it can be a personal live id of a manager and he is not willing to share it with others. It would be really nice if access can be given to other live ids as well!

918 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Nontas RontogiannisNontas Rontogiannis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

65 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • RandyRandy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nearly 2 years!!! Come on MS. We need this for enterprise development and working with third party companies.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I deliberately pushed to support MS in my gaming company, because I was disturbed by the lack of development I saw for MS apps. Now I sign up for an MS development account for my company... and I'm disturbed by the lack of support for MS developers. No wonder there's a lack of development. This is a basic asset in development - at the very least, the lead developer or producer needs to be able to access the dashboard for each project.

How much longer we have to wait? I would just suggest to my boss stop taking in Windows Phone app project, stick to Android & iOS, because Microsoft doesn't seems to care.

It's end of 1st quarter 2015 already

Its really astonishing that this dont exists. Its basically a dealbreaker for us as external contractor to do windows phone development for our clients. Get your stuff together MS!

• MonMon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Cliff, a question for MS
        What happens when that developer leaves the company and takes all the details with him?
        According to MS Support:
        "You'll have to be logged in as the developer of the account in order for us to
        speak to you about that account."
        "Unfortunately that is true. At this point you'll have to take this up with your legal team to go after the developer. We cannot discuss this account with you or make any changes to the account."

• AlexAlex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Cliff Simpkins (Sr Product Manager Dev Center), its 2015, WAKE UP!!

• J ColarJ Colar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a critical issue for Banks like mine wanting to publish apps, especially given our strict user rights access policies mandated by government banking oversight agencies.

As you know both Apple and Google Play stores have very easy and granular access permissioning for other users.

• J. BijvoetsJ. Bijvoets commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with all complaints written as reaction on this post.

I am curious which lonely person is responsible for the apps posted by Microsoft. Someone at Microsoft should have noted this ridiculous flaw by own experience.

And would I have been one of the first encountering this problem, I would accept it, but it is already for at least almost two years... the first post is from April 2013 and now it is December 2014!

Please fix. My CFO needs to login to get revenue/set up tax forms etc... The way it's set up now doesn't work for companies only 1 man shops... this is a pri1 and should be fixed immediately as we can't function liek this... please fix.

• Web ManagerWeb Manager commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looks like that at moment the Dev center portal miss any team management tool.

This feature is very important because help developers to work together joining their knowledge, also help companies to manage and assign creation and management of various App to different developers.

Having warranties about the management of the created or founded App is a crucial step for a succesfull network development.

Without this feature my company, and I suppose other companies too, will continue to invest more in Android and IOS development then in Windows Phone.

• Andreas BergqvistAndreas Bergqvist commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a functionallity thats required for us as a production agency for other companies!
        Should we ask for our customers Windows logins to be able to publish apps to their accounts?!?

• Santiago LemaSantiago Lema commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just changed to a company account believing this would be obvious. How the **** can Microsoft not support this?

No wonder no one supports this platform... As soon as you have a team of 2 developers it becomes inappropriate.

• DobromirDobromir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Apple supports developer teams from the very beginning. I believe that Microsoft should do it too. It is very important for teams to manage apps and check stats. Team members should be assigned roles and given permissions. Even in small companies more than one person is responsible for apps development and marketing.

This should be default behavior for a corporate account. Especially since it doesn't warn you that the company account will be tied solely to your personal Live ID. Now I have to give out my login info to all of the developers at our company, and create a new Live ID for me to use to log in to my systems, like Win 8. It's totally absurd that companies are having to beg for this functionality.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base