How can we improve the Windows dev platform?

Allow multiple Microsoft Accounts to manage a Dev Center Publisher account

For corporate accounts, sometimes there is a need for more than 1 live id to access the dev. center. For example, more than 1 person from development team needs access to the portal as well as the development lead. Currently, all these people need to share the same live-id which is totally impractical as it can be a personal live id of a manager and he is not willing to share it with others. It would be really nice if access can be given to other live ids as well!

1,308 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Nontas RontogiannisNontas Rontogiannis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

82 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Matt BarnesMatt Barnes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is incredibly important for any business that needs to have multiple admins on an account. The lack of this functionality causes a huge bottleneck in our release process.

• David PlansDavid Plans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why hasn't this been implemented yet? Seriously, teams need multiple logins. Apple sorted this out years ago. Let's catch up?

• Hrvoje KusuljaHrvoje Kusulja commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most Microsoft partners / organizations have multiple developers for different apps etc. If we have one unified store for mobile and desktop apps we surely want to have ability to delegate to other colleagues / Microsoft Accounts permissions to manage apps on official Store as official registered company. Also it would be nice that we can use Azure Active Directy - Organization accounts (Office365 etc.) so we do not have to use private Microsoft accounts for doing company business.

• Alexandre AlvesAlexandre Alves commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just realized this after creating the account. I wont share my account with my colleagues. This feature is a must have for developer teams as several people will be handling the publishing process.

• Dick JonesDick Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just checked my calendar. Its the year 2015 but all things Windows still feel like 1995.

Just kidding, but seriously though. come on.

• Joon ChoiJoon Choi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this feature implemented yet? That's ridiculous that we do not have this feature yet. For a workaround, I've just reset my password and sharing it with my developers now.......

• Farrukh SubhaniFarrukh Subhani commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For even a small business, sharing account information and passwords has never been a healthy. I agree that this is very narrow thinking and need to be resolved.

• olivier hergaultolivier hergault commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I understand it well, there can only be one MS account managing a submission ?
        This is ridiculous. No, more than ridiculous, it is pathetic !

• Phong T.Phong T. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must for company account. It's too basic and too mandatory. Please it has to be done ASAP.

• Jason BandJason Band commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So it takes 1 year to mark this obvious issue as "under review" and more than a year to actually do something about it... Microsoft could have at least fixed this issue for the Office App Store which is brand new!

• DisappointedDisappointed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still nothing, how wonderful. This is the exact reason our Windows Phone app has gotten significantly less updates than our iOS and Android version

• David ProwsDavid Prows commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One would think MS is a small company without resources. This basic functionality should have been there from the beginning, let alone two years after it was rolled out. Apple, Google, and even Amazon have this. It just doesn't make sense.

• RandyRandy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nearly 2 years!!! Come on MS. We need this for enterprise development and working with third party companies.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base