How can we improve the Windows dev platform?

Allow delete apps from Dev Center who are uploaded, not just unpublish or hide app in store

202 votes
Sign in
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Diego MartínezDiego Martínez shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Allow a Developer to Delete an App  ·   · 
    Alan StewartAlan Stewart shared a merged idea: Store My Apps needs to allow deletion  ·   · 
    ctera devctera dev shared a merged idea: enable deleting apps completely, not just unpublishing them  ·   · 
    Михаил ГрибановМихаил Грибанов shared a merged idea: Add option to remove application from your Microsoft account  ·   · 
    GiuseppeGiuseppe shared a merged idea: I want to delete a my app from store and my dashboard if I don't want continue with it. I want delete my app always time that it's unpublish  ·   · 
    VladimirVladimir shared a merged idea: delete unwated release in progress app in windows dashboard who dont send to certification  ·   · 
    MarkMark shared a merged idea: Unpublishing a phone app should deactivate deep links  ·   · 
    OscarOscar shared a merged idea: There should be an option to completely remove an application developer dashboard.  ·   · 
    Mohamed ThaufeeqMohamed Thaufeeq shared a merged idea: Allow developers to delete unpublished apps from the dashboard!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Remove my application from my developer account  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Delete apps and adunits in PubCenter  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Let developers remove apps completely from dashboard or flush all the reviews  ·   · 

Sign in
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

First, let me start out by saying the dev center portal is horrible. It's incredibly slow, buttons/links are poorly laid out and it takes a million clicks to do anything. Now, having said that, why can't I delete an app from my account? I don't want to unpublish it, I want to delete it. I understand what that means. I understand that if I change my mind, I'm SOL. But I'm an adult, so let me delete the app that I created.

And if you're not going to let me delete the app, then make it SUPER EASY to unpublish an app. For crying out loud, I don't think anyone knows how to do it - and it's always changing. Apple and Google make it super easy, why can't you?

• Mark AllanMark Allan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've had 3 different people ask me about this in the past two weeks, it's not an uncommon request. Even if the app still has to exist in the store, please at least allow us to remove it from our dashboards.

• DaniDani commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes absolutely, I dashboard cannot permit at least 'Windows Support' should be able to do it !

• David D. BrownDavid D. Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What Microsoft MUST do for the Windows App Store is to allow users who have installed an app to remove that app completely from their device…AND…from their App Store history as well.

Right now, EVERY APP I install on my devices will be shown as part of my purchase history. If I install an app, decide it does not appeal to me, and uninstall it from my device, it will still appear forever in my list of apps that I can re-install again.

I have installed apps that were created for specific time-limited periods, such an app for a conference I went to in 2013. I will NEVER use that app again and I uninstalled it for that reason. But when I view the list of apps I can install on my device, that old, obsolete, useless app still shows in my list, needlessly cluttering up my app inventory.

If Microsoft DOES NOT fix this problem, they will face an increasing number of users who will NOT try out apps from the Store, because they know they will have to look at them in their purchase history FOREVER, even if they uninstall them. I can remove apps from my purchased list in the Google Play store…Why can’t I do the same in the Windows Store?

I know Microsoft might be concerned that someone will delete a purchased app, then decide later that they want it again, and be unhappy that they must purchase it again. BUT…if appropriate warning messages are given that any deleted app must be purchased again, then Microsoft should let the user decide if they want to keep an app in their purchase history or not. To do any less is patronizing and completely unnecessary.

I appeal to Microsoft now to give us the right to decide which previously-purchased app have the ‘right to be forgotten’. This MUST happen before Windows 10 goes live.

This issue should NOT be one that must be run through some vetting process before it is acted upon. This is an issue that should transcend that paradigm and should be implemented because it is the right thing to do. Let me give you an example from yesterday that illustrates why this is a problem that should NOT wait to be corrected.

Yesterday I had occasion to reset my Nokia 1520 smartphone using the Lumia Software Recovery utility, to put me back into WP8.1 from the WP10TP. I had all my settings and files backed up, so I wasn’t afraid of losing anything I couldn’t restore.

However, after the recovery to WP8.1 was complete, the recovery process re-installed EVERY app I had previously installed on my phone, including about 50% of them that I had UN-installed.

THAT is the problem with keeping a perpetual history of all app purchases…they keep getting in the way when they should be totally erased from my app inventory.

To give you a further example of how this is a problem demanding a resolution…I used to have DirecTV as a service provider and I installed their WP app to control my DVR from my phone. But I cancelled my account with DirecTV and no longer have ANY USE for their app, but it was one of the apps re-installed on my Lumia.

This issue CANNOT go unresolved. I implore you to move this issue to a place near the top of the projects your team will work to fix. Please DO NOT assume this will not adversely affect perceptions of the app store by customers.

I am a big fan of Microsoft and Windows and want the new Windows 10 to be an unqualified success. If you work to fix this, and then prominently tell the world it is fixed, I guarantee such a fix will be greeted with approval from all your users, and from the tech trade press.

• Tommaso ScaliciTommaso Scalici commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this, not only apps, but also in-app products that are no longer used.
        Will be great if we can delete them to have always a clear and up-to-date dashboard.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the feature to can delete apps from the dev center! Is very important! Thank you

• Alan StewartAlan Stewart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is no option to delete Apps from the My Apps listing. This clutters the view with Apps that have been tried and rejected.

Not only is this annoying data could be captured as part of deletion

• Михаил ГрибановМихаил Грибанов commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In Google Play can I remove from my account previously installed applications (ie with an account, and not just from the device). But in the Windows app store, I can not remove from your account application. I do not want to see in their many applications that only I will no longer use, and I do not want to be tied to my account.
        The screenshot shows that the allocation of applications can I just set, but not deleted from the list. Button on the left just resets the selection.

PS: Sorry for my English, I use Google translator.

• GiuseppeGiuseppe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want delete my app from my dashboard any time it is unpublished. If Microsoft lock publish of My app or if i unpublish it i want have the Grant to delete it.

• MarkMark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the Windows store, if you unlist an app, the deep links will no longer be active. This should also be the case when you unpublish an app from the Windows Phone store.

• OscarOscar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a test application when it was starting to set, and I want to remove is not an option and I think many have the same situation.

would be very convenient if I could forever remove my application not only from the Windows Store, but my developer account

I wished that the PubCenter had the flexibility of adding and removing apps and adunits as I please, and not just disabling them. However, if you must absolutely keep some of those entities for history or reactivation purposes, please store them in a "Disabled" or "Inactive" category so that they do not take space in the app list and especially in reports.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base