Enable removing language code from the "language history"
If you ever selected "ru" and "ru-ru" laguages then it causes Tile localization show the en-us(default) tile localization to show.
When I removed the "ru" language code and published my new version, the old version still remains with "Replaced and unpublished". Wich means the new version not fully replaced the old version.
And this causes me very serious problems:
1. Some of my users will still receive the old version of my app (after weeks). The store randomly gives the old or the new version of my app.
2. My app has a WP7 version and a WP8 version XAP in the same submission. The wp7 xap works only on WP7 and the wp8 xap works only for WP8.
Sometimes the store gives the wrong wp7 version of my app to Windows Phone 8 users.
So I'm very unhappy.
It should be an option to remove the "ru" language code from my app 'language History'.
Currently if you ever mistakenly selected a "ru" language than you will be in a very bad situation forever:
- You can live with the wrong Tile displayed for Russian language in the Store (the english one) or
- You can publish an update with the removed "ru" language, but this update will not "fully replace" the old version and you will in truble: 1.) & 2.): the store will randomly deliver the old/wrong version of your xap.
I write a lot support ticket on this, but no one really cares on this issue.
The engineering team can solve this issue if they do one of the following:
1. Provide a workaround for removing the "ru" language from the language history (I have no need for "ru" culture just for "ru-ru", but there is no way to remove "ru" from the language history if you ever posted your app with "ru" language support)
2. Or add and implement an AppResLib.dll.xxxx.mui for the "ru" language culture
In the documentation AppResLib.dll.xxxx.mui exist only for "ru-ru" and not for "ru" culture: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsphone/develop/ff967550(v=vs.105).aspx
Please fix this bug!
Please give an ETA for this issue fix.
Totally agree, this bug is very annoying
Should be implented by Microsoft!!!