How can we improve the Windows dev platform?

Show app review rating worldwide!

I understand that it makes sense to only show app reviews only in those countrys were they come from. E.g. a German review should only be shown in Germany (and maybe in Switzerland and Austria). What I don't understand is, that you also showing the app rating in countries, were they come from.

For example: An app has 20 ratings. 15 from Germany (all with 4 stars), 1 from USA (1 star) and 4 from France (5 stars)

If you now open the app in the Windows Phone Store from Germany, you will see a total app review rating of 15 (4 stars). If you open the app in the US Windows Phone Store, it shows only 1 rating with 1 star. In France it shows 4 ratings with 5 stars and in all other countries it shows 0 ratings!

The total rating should be equal worldwide! :-)

44 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    SaschaSascha shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Additionally the store should share reviews within the same language, e.g. reviews from Gemany should be visible in Austria and in Switzerland, too. The same for English. For me there is no reason why British users shall not see the reviews from US users. This will improve the attractivity of an app in other countries, Most likely in smaller countries like Austria.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally support this I live in Kenya and windows phone adoption is really low, 80% of the apps have zero reviews. I just recently got a windows phone device after switching from android and the reviews in the playstore were universal

• Neal GabrielNeal Gabriel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree. Thus the app will be getting more downloads worldwide. The more the downloads, the more we get encouraged to build new apps for windows phone / store.

• SaschaSascha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry, of course I meant for the consumer. This is very important for a developer, because users not often install apps which have no reviews or one bad review. The don't know and don't see that the app already has a lot of good reviews in other countries.

Feedback and Knowledge Base