How can we improve the Windows platform?

Accessory App API access

It would be very useful if developers can get access to the Accessory apps API. This will bring compatibility of the currently available smart watches such as Pebble and MetaWatch and help start-up companies develop their own accessories and bring it to Windows Phone. Most of the current accessories currently work with iOS and Android.

308 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ehad AkeilaEhad Akeila shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Paúl CalderonPaúl Calderon shared a merged idea: Pebble Watch Support  ·   · 

22 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes we need this. WP has very low support for accessories from first parties, why make the platform even less attractive by not allowing third party developers to try and fill the gap?

• Jason RogersJason Rogers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please, the accessory apps option on my settings menu has been teasing me for far too long with the possibilities!

I would love to see the api exposed even if you make us wait a while before being able to publish apps with it.

• Diego PierangeliDiego Pierangeli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also the fitbit surge has an App for Windows Phone 8.1 but its 'smart functions' (notifications..) are not implemented (Android and iOS have them..).

Dev support for Accessory applications must be granded and enhanced (if a company like Fitbit cannot have/use them there must be a problem in the functionalities/usability or in their certification).

• John WolfJohn Wolf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please create a Windows phone app. I am a proud owner of a Pebble and I would like to connect it to my Icon and not my Droid Turbo.

I really enjoy my Nokia 1520, but am very disappointed at the limited compatibility with non-windows devices. Most people believe that a Windows Phone is a waste of money and has a limited App selection. Without the support of outside devices, such as Pebble; this belief is legitimized. I want the Windows Phone to succeed, but find it difficult in my mind to occur without the compatibility of smart watches or any other device another Android or IPhone may use. The Pebble smart watch is an inexpensive device that can offer numerous extensions of the users phone. The existence of other compatible smart watches or bands, in my opinion will not hurt Microsoft, as long as their product is well designed. If this continues, I will sell my Windows Phone and buy and Android based phone.

I want to add my voice tk this list. I love Pebble's simplicity and I love my Windows Phone (Lumia 735) and I would be so glad if the two could easily exchange more info.

• fkiehnerfkiehner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just got a Hot Smartwatch but this device does not have near the support available that I have seen for Pebble under Android. Would love to see Pebble have full support under WP8.1 so I can finally have a full featured device similar to Android.

• Cindy SCindy S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add support for Windows Phone, really want to use my Pebble steel again

• Massimo AmbrosiMassimo Ambrosi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like so much my Pebble (plastic black version), but unfortunately I can use it just as a "normal" watch, since it doesn't connect to my Windows Phone (Nokia Lumia 820). Actually, for Windows phones there's just an app for managing music and no more :'(

• ChrisChris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love my Pebble Steel, just wish I could get my notifications from my phone on my watch! Please allow support!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base