Universal Windows Platform

Welcome to the Windows Platform Developer (WPDev) Feedback site. This feedback forum provides the WPDev community with a channel for feedback on the following topics:

• Windows developer platform (APIs, runtimes, and controls)
  • Dev Center Store (developer portal, back-end services, reporting/analytics and process)
  • Windows Stores (Windows and Windows Phone)

Your suggestions will be reviewed by the Windows platform developer team, providing feedback to help with planning ideas and to better understand how developers are using the development platform.

What this forum is not intended to cover or capture:

If you’re new to this whole UserVoice thing, we’d like to note two important things about this site: (a) List items (and item rankings) represent community interest in features, and does not represent an actual priority list for the product team; and (b) Suggestions made using this forum will be moderated if they do not actually represent a feature request.

How can we improve the Windows dev platform?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The MediaElement Seekbar make noise 'plop!' when you change the position even when the sound is muted

Since the 8.1, the MediaElement (Silverlight for sure, maybe RT?) seekbar make a noise 'plop!' when you change the position in a video, even when the sound of the phone is muted, and it's very unpleasant. I thought you'll corrected in the last 8.1 update but it seems you don't the existence of this bug...

The bug is on every Nokia Lumia I own (620/1020/1520)

All the best.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • an synchronized api for both windows and phone

i am currently developing a blueooth universal app for phone and windows. but the bluetooth api for phone and windows are still quite different for example, the GattCharacteristicUuids (
      https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/45849dcd-d27b-49df-8705-7d419a7b08f5/static-gattcharacteristicuuids-differs-from-wp-and-windows?forum=wpdevelop#83613e3e-b475-42a1-bf6a-2f27905e933d
      )

2. the xaml code and controls are quite different from windows and phone, I want the app for phone will directly running on windows, not concern about differences between controls and such, like android and ios.

2 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dev Center + Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • 2 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Unsorted  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • 2 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

• SkyDrive option to make folders available offline

I would like to have an option for each SkyDrive folder, to make them available offline. Because not everywhere in the countryside or even in cities a good network connection is available. So those folders could be downloaded completely to the phone when a Wi-Fi is available to access them offline later.

2 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• App-specific launchers

App-specific launchers: instead of opening a site's web page, check whether a compatible app is installed or registered. UX is much better and

2 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Framework  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • 2 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Add a clock control inspired by Material Design

I'm currently working on a clock control for my UWP todo-list app 2Day (www.2day-app.com).

I'm creating this control using inspiration from the great Material Design WPF toolkit. The very early work in progress version is available on my repo: https://github.com/japf/uwp-material-clock

Would you be interesting having this control as part of the UWPCommunityToolkit?

If you think that control could be part of the toolkit, we can start discuss the requirements so that I can submit a PR :-)

2 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UWP Community Toolkit  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Add "favorite" to ImageProperties, as well as an API to enumerate Favorites from the Photos app so devs can expose and detect fav pics

Right now it is very difficult (and completely undocumented) to determine if a photo or picture is marked as a favorite by a user, or to retrieve a list of favorites (similar to getting the list of pictures in the KnownFolders.CameraRoll, etc). If a user has taken the time to mark pictures as favorites, we should celebrate that and make it simple for developers to use that in their own applications.

2 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Camera/Video/Microphone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Please support acl of user right permissions of file.

I customize my app after converted wpf app. So I tested Launcher.LaunchUriForResultsAsync method for Microsoft.Windows.Photos. This codes was success on Build 14342.
                      But on build 14352, this code occurs error. Error is follow.
                      result.Status=Success
                      result.Result["Status"]="ERROR"
                      result.Result["ErrorMessage"]="Deny change permission of a file"
                      result.Result["ErrorCode"]="-2003292273"

I can't understood this error. I tried to add "Capability name=picturesLibrary", but occurs same error.

my code follow.
                      var source = await StorageFile.GetFileFromPathAsync(dialog.FileName);
                      var filename = System.IO.Path.Combine(Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.MyPictures), "Cropped.jpg");
                      using (var outfile = File.Create(filename))
                      {
                      outfile.Close();
                      }
                      var dest = await StorageFile.GetFileFromPathAsync(filename);
                      int width = int.Parse(txtWidth.Text);
                      int height = int.Parse(txtHeight.Text);
                      LaunchUriResult result = await this.CropImageAsync(source, dest, width, height);
                      if…

2 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop Bridge ('Centennial')  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Explain Rejected Tax Profiles

We've had our tax profiles rejected over and over again, without ever knowing what could be wrong. Clearly, "Your tax profile is not valid." is not much of a useful error message. Even our tax adviser finally had no idea how to deal with that. We had to go through Symantec tech support chat, Microsoft tech support chat, and finally Windows Store support chat who had to look up the error for a few days in order to finally get an idea what's wrong.

Suggestion: Show exactly that error message in the Windows Store dashboard.

2 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dev Center + Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Add Animation features in Map API

Does Windows 10 plan to add path animations in the map. As I am lead Windows developer for Ola cab service company in India and I am currently implementing custom Path animation of cabs real time movement on map. But since there is no optimized way to do so hence i have to update pushpin location in every frame. So would be great if Microsoft things in this way also.

2 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  XAML/Controls APIs (UWP)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Integrate HockeyApp in the Dev Center

Since Application insights for mobile is discontinued soon, the dev center analytics will be broken.

2 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Nothing from Microsoft Bridge after Submitting Form

Submitted information to Microsoft Bridge. 2 weeks later and no confirmation email or any communication from Microsoft Bridge.

How do we get in touch with Microsoft Bridge team to check on status of submission (microsoft support says to try here)?

Previously we'd been trying to upload a .appx app to Microsoft App store, and were getting Package Validation Errors which we were told would be solved by submitting to the Microsoft Bridge. They have not yet been solved.

Any help would be immensely appreciated!

2 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop Bridge ('Centennial')  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Centennial: popping out of the container with a new process

Centennial: popping out of the container with a new process.

I created an app (using the FireGiant appx method) which has the following attribute: The main CPP application launches a secondary process.

The secondary process is not running inside the container, but is outside. This was confirmed the following ways:
                                1) It did not have a job object id.
                                2) I replaced the secondary object with a cmd prompt. That cmd prompt could not see the VFS files or registry settings.
                                3) The secondary cmd prompt could start regedit, which elevated using a UAC prompt.

The primary C++ app uses…

2 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop Bridge ('Centennial')  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Ability to change language font for phone Browser. The Tamil language font comes with WP8 is really rendered ugly!...

This could be a font rendering issue. The Tamil fonts are rendered beautifully in iPhone. It is ugly in WP8

2 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• 2 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Unsorted  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Allow rotation/scaling of MapIcons so that they stick relative to when the map is rotated.

Allow rotation/scaling of MapIcons so that they stick relative to when the map is rotated. As an example, I place an MapIcon at a particular Lat/Long the rotate that MapIcon 156 deg. As the map is rotated the icon mains it;s relative rotation to the map. Prefer that i could stream XAML or other vector as MapIcon source to it will scale correctly. Also would like to place triggers at oom levels but that is a seperate issue.

2 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Maps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Add file template for ResourceDictionary in Visual Studio (as Blend has such template).

I was surprised cause there is no ResourceDictionary template in "Add new ite..." dialog. Though Blend has this template.

2 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dev Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Allow other formats than PCM and float for a FrameOutputNode created with CreateFrameOutputNode of class AudioGraph

Allow other formats than PCM and float for a FrameOutputNode created with CreateFrameOutputNode of class AudioGraph.

Other Formats like MP3 or OGG would be nice. One Scenario is that of a shoutcast source for Internet Radio streaming. A shoutcast source transmits MP3 data via TCP to a shoutcast Server. If a FrameOutputNode would allow to get the encoded MP3 data then that data could easily transmitted via a TCP Stream. Currently I have to save a MP3 stream to a file and then read from the file and transmit it over TCP. This burden would be eliminated would MP3 Frames…

2 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio/Graphics/Media playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base