Universal Windows Platform

Welcome to the Universal Windows Platform Developer Feedback site. This site provides the Windows developer community with a channel for feedback on the following topics:

• Windows developer platform (APIs, runtimes, and controls)
  • Dev Center (dashboard, reporting/analytics, submission process, etc.)
  • Microsoft Store

Your suggestions will be reviewed by the Windows platform developer team to help with planning ideas and to better understand how developers are using the platform.

What this forum is not intended to cover or capture:

• Windows consumer suggestions: Use the Windows Feedback Hub app built directly into Windows 10
  • Documentation on docs.microsoft.com: Sign in at the bottom of the page to give documentation feedback via Github
  • Visual Studio / .NET: Use the Visual Studio UserVoice site

If you’re new to UserVoice, two things to keep in mind are (a) List items (and item rankings) represent community interest in features, and not the actual priority list for the product team; and (b) Suggestions made using this forum will be moderated if they do not actually represent a feature request (or if too many different ideas are included in one suggestion).

How can we improve the Windows dev platform?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Windows Device Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bug: No crash dump for side-loaded HoloLens app when crash dump enabled

Apologies if this isn't the correct place to lodge this bug. If not, please redirect me :)

We have a Unity HoloLens app that calls into a native dll which throws an unhandled exception. The application crashes. There are no clues in the Unity logs as you'd expect, as this is native code.

We've enabled Crash Dumps for the app under "App Crash Dumps" in the Windows Device Portal, but whenever the crash happens, nothing appears under Crash Dumps in the same window when refreshed.

This definitely worked in previous Windows versions on the HoloLens. Could it be a bug…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Device Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. own keybinds

i would use this platform more if there was custom keybinds so it would be easier to play with my mouse and keyboard

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows Device Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Windows 10 Mobile

You could rename the Windows 10 Mobile to Windows 10 Watch and you could stop making the Lumia mobile phones but you could start making Lumia Smartwatch with Windows 10 Watch

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Windows 10S Intune Enrollement Policy

Using the Windows10SInstaller5932 when converting an Intune Managed Windows 10 Education device we are prompted during the initial configuration to set a PIN (Windows Hello) despite having this feature disabled via Intune policy.

A clean Windows 10S installation from ISO does not appear to experience this issue.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Device Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add volume controls in Windows Device Portal

Allow changing of volume in the Windows Device Portal.
    eg. I'd use this for my media phone playing Groove 24/7.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add PowerShell to Device Portal

There should be a PowerShell prompt in Device Portal that lets me run extra commands.

104 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Update/Improve the Device Portal on Xbox to show more diagnostics data per app

Having a device portal across all the different devices is a great idea. But the xbox one doesn't provide any diagnostics data of apps (e.g. memory CPU consumption, etc). There is a section for that in the device portal but there is currently not data.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  Hirsch Singhal responded

Thanks! There are performance graphs for the currently running app, but they weren’t showing any information when a UWP was running. We’ve filed a bug internally to fix that – the running UWP should show up in those graphs now.

If you’d like more data about the app (more than CPU and the various memory consumption datapoints) please let us know and we can investigate further changes.

Thank you for your feedback!
    Hirsch

9. Windows Device Portal Certificate

System is deleting and recreating the TLS self-signed certificates for the device portal on port 50443 a lot.. sometimes every 5-10 minutes in the windows log. For sure it resets them every reboot.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  Hirsch Singhal responded

Yup, that’s way too noisy – looks like we’re recreating every single certificate on every single network change, even when most of the network endpoints remain the same. We’re looking at ways to make that quieter. Thank you!

Hirsch Singhal
    Device Portal Program Manager

10. Desktops cpu/GPU and other temperature on device portal

Should show temperature data on device portal.

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Oops, looks like this was closed out incorrectly. Synced with the Device Portal team and they added it to their backlog.

11. Add vorlonjs to Device Portal

Please add vorlon.js to Device Portal

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. API Discovery

It would be nice it there was an API Discovery endpoint.

for example: <deviceIpAddress>/api/me

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Windows Device Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Are you looking for for access for the APIs that WDP does or everything on that box? Can you go into more detail about what you’re trying to achieve?

13. In webb for HoloLens, Running apps section should have a column that tell the user account under which a app/process is running

In webb for HoloLens, Running apps section should have a column that tell the user account under which a app/process is running

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. More control with VR Devices Like Vive and Occulus Rift

The ability to use products like Office with VR. I can program my buttons in my Vive to mimic my fingers. If you integrate a keyboard in Office I would be able to type.
    VR is not just wanted for gaming but for business apps too.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. if ı can se my other drives that was be good ( D drive E Drive )

im using file explorer but if ı can seee my otler drives like D drive ore E drive ıts gona be more handfull

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Use Globalization API to sort app names in "Installed App" section

Currently it seems to be sorted by Unicode code points, which doesn't make any sense for Chinese characters at least.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I'm missing a direct screen transfer

Since I work in a data center I actually need a screen transfer hereby it would be easy to install programs

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. its trash and it doesnt work please fix it

it wont let me cconnect it just sais turn on

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Files locked

Make a menu with information about the files being locked by an application

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base