Universal Windows Platform

Welcome to the Windows Platform Developer (WPDev) Feedback site. This feedback forum provides the WPDev community with a channel for feedback on the following topics:

• Windows developer platform (APIs, runtimes, and controls)
  • Dev Center Store (developer portal, back-end services, reporting/analytics and process)
  • Windows Stores (Windows and Windows Phone)

Your suggestions will be reviewed by the Windows platform developer team, providing feedback to help with planning ideas and to better understand how developers are using the development platform.

What this forum is not intended to cover or capture:

If you’re new to this whole UserVoice thing, we’d like to note two important things about this site: (a) List items (and item rankings) represent community interest in features, and does not represent an actual priority list for the product team; and (b) Suggestions made using this forum will be moderated if they do not actually represent a feature request.

How can we improve the Windows dev platform?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Xbox Live Gamertag API Acess

It would be really cool if developers could get api access to Xbox Live Gamertags, that way they don't have to make users create a new account just to play multiplayer games. It would also help a lot for leaderboards too.

44 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Device - Xbox  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • FolderPicker

Please implement the FolderPicker UWP API on Xbox One. The FilePicker API is supported, but not FolderPicker.

I am writing a UWP app for Win10, Xbox One, Phone, HoloLens, and require the ability for a user to select one more files (local or OneDrive) to import to isolated storage.

A user may possibly want to import a few hundred files at a time, all located in a single folder.

With the current API limitation, I can get the Xbox to display a FilePicker, but realistically a user is not going to select files one by one for a large amount.

3 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Device - Xbox  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • XBox Emulator for Apps

Users are asking me frequently for a XBox version of my app.
        Unfortunately I do not own a XBox, nor would getting one make sense (it is a free app, so I am not really interested in spending lots of money just for developing purpose.)

Aside from my personal dilemma of a missing device, it would definitely make sense to be able testing code in an emulator first instead of having lots of hardware around all the time.

It's just the same like with mobile. Here we have several emulators, and I usually make use of them first instead of…

2 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Device - Xbox  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base