Universal Windows Platform

Welcome to the Universal Windows Platform Developer Feedback site. This site provides the Windows developer community with a channel for feedback on the following topics:

• Windows developer platform (APIs, runtimes, and controls)
  • Dev Center (dashboard, reporting/analytics, submission process, etc.)
  • Microsoft Store

Your suggestions will be reviewed by the Windows platform developer team to help with planning ideas and to better understand how developers are using the platform.

What this forum is not intended to cover or capture:

• Windows consumer suggestions: Use the Windows Feedback Hub app built directly into Windows 10
  • Documentation on docs.microsoft.com: Sign in at the bottom of the page to give documentation feedback via Github
  • Visual Studio / .NET: Use the Visual Studio UserVoice site

If you’re new to UserVoice, two things to keep in mind are (a) List items (and item rankings) represent community interest in features, and not the actual priority list for the product team; and (b) Suggestions made using this forum will be moderated if they do not actually represent a feature request (or if too many different ideas are included in one suggestion).

How can we improve the Windows dev platform?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. IConfiguration relevant things in UWP

I have the same needs in my UWP client as I have in my .NET Core web service: I need a set of parameters compiled into the program and dependent on the environment: DEVELOPMENT, STAGING, PRODUCTION. The IConfiguration in .NET Core is so seamless and is built directly into the DI container. Is there any way to get the same functionality in my UWP application?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Code Sample  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create Views on multiple screens

Is there any way to create different views on different screens? Our app need to display three different views on three different computer screens. Is there any code sample that we can place the view on specific spot of the screen? Really appreciate for the suggestions. ;)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Provide an extensive code sample for InputInjector.InjectKeyboardInput

There are no official samples for the keyboard input injection.
    The documentation for Windows.UI.Input.Preview.Injection is sparse and does not explain how to use the available classes and methods. Only touch injection has some code samples.
    An example of the "on-screen software keyboard" would be ideal.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Quick Start: Javascript Code Example for UWP Add-In Subscription for Windows Store App

The Existing documentation for Windows.services.store class has no single JavaScript Code Example, i.e. Quick Start type example, for adding in-App Subscription Add-In
    (UWP Windows Store App HTML5, JavaScript CSS3) Could you please provide...….

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Post Source code for bthgattdump.exe, various versions, especially in 8.1 wdk

Code would be useful in adapting to Bluetooth applications.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Code sample for connected apps and devices (Project Rome)

I've read about "Project Rome" and the possibility of creating cross-device experiences (https://blogs.windows.com/buildingapps/2016/10/11/cross-device-experience-with-project-rome/), and am particularly interested in the Project Rome Android SDK (https://blogs.windows.com/buildingapps/2017/02/08/announcing-project-rome-android-sdk/#HQl7ibqTUGYzrufw.97).

I would like to try this out -- making my app an "experience shared across multiple, close proximity devices," but it would be very helpful to see some code samples.

I am especially interested in how this would work for my app to span different hardware types regardless of form factor or OS -- the idea of a seamless experience between Windows desktop and Android or iOS mobile is compelling... but I…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Code Sample  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Hello Sir I am using the

Hello sir

I am working on the WIFI Direct sample code from the below URL

https://docs.microsoft.com/ja-jp/windows/iot-core/connect-your-device/setupwifidirect

i am trying to use PC with external wifi device and not using Laptop

external Device Model "D-Link DWA-131 Wireless N Nano USB Adapter (Black)"
    but i getting Advertisement: Status: Aborted but in Laptop it working fine as it has inbuilt wifi.

Please help me to solve this issue urgently as my production roll out date is getting delayed.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base