Universal Windows Platform

Welcome to the Windows Platform Developer (WPDev) Feedback site. This feedback forum provides the WPDev community with a channel for feedback on the following topics:

• Windows developer platform (APIs, runtimes, and controls)
  • Dev Center Store (developer portal, back-end services, reporting/analytics and process)
  • Windows Stores (Windows and Windows Phone)

Your suggestions will be reviewed by the Windows platform developer team, providing feedback to help with planning ideas and to better understand how developers are using the development platform.

What this forum is not intended to cover or capture:

If you’re new to this whole UserVoice thing, we’d like to note two important things about this site: (a) List items (and item rankings) represent community interest in features, and does not represent an actual priority list for the product team; and (b) Suggestions made using this forum will be moderated if they do not actually represent a feature request.

How can we improve the Windows dev platform?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improve App Store team responce time.

Allow their to be faster response times for contacting App Store after submitting feedback link found at the bottom of the certification report after having your app rejected.

As its very inconvenient to have to wait for 5 business days to have a response, and you may need to have your app on the store in less time depending on an urgency which I have due to needing to have my app passed for one of my love ones who have passed away.

23 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Dev Center + Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Support Automation of Payout Summary downloads

I have not found an easy way to download payout summary in an automated fashion. Probably not looked in the correct place yet. Even went so far as to chat, and the rep indicate that this not currently supported. This would be insane. I have reported sales information from many other sources. They would include SalesForce, FastSpring, and Zuora to name just a few. Thanks.

8 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dev Center + Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Add a Role for developers accounts that are part of AD to raise support cases

When using a company Store account with associated developer accounts its presently not possible for the developers to raise support issues for Store problems.
        It requires the company account to be signed in to raise the case. This is a real problem where we have multiple teams that are shipping apps and we need to share the 'master' account name and password with lots of people, thus removing any value of using AD federation.

A better option would be to add a new ROLE option for the accounts to indicate which accounts can raise support issues.

5 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Allow all developers to access restricted capabilities, not just company accounts

I recently browsed the UWP docs and found some interesting APIs about Accessory Management etc. Since I developed an application which could massively profit from those APIs as they allow volume control etc, I wanted to use them. Unfortunately for me, I cannot use those APIs as they are restricted for use and getting access is only possible with a company developer account which I do not have.
          Please allow private developers to access those capabilities. For me it is perfectly acceptable to request access to them so they are still under control but I do not want to create…

10 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Dev Center + Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Donationware ability for Windows Store

It's a lot easier to build a following when it's free. Keeping this in mind, was thinking of making some of my products donationware. Would it be feasible to somehow make this type of offering as part of the store?

The ability for an end user to donate allows me to make the app free. Donations should be supported

Any feedback is appreciated, Thanks, John.

60 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Dev Center + Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Add Iran to Devs Account Registration

Please , Add Iran to your supported countries list in Developer Account Registration.
              We'll develop great apps for Windows Store.

982 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

255 comments  ·  Dev Center + Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Crash analytics for Win32 Desktop apps

As per https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/projects/events/build/2017/dev-center-analytics-for-win32-developers?playlist=Dev-Center-Store-Services, the Dev center has support to monitor Crash reports for native win32 desktop apps without publishing into the store. But I couldn't find any option in my dev center account to support this functionality.

1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Allow Upload to store the UWP App that use SDK Preview

For example, MS provide the lot of sdk and new technologies about Win10 Fall CU. The SDK itself support the side-by-side installation, then we can try the new API with our UWP Apps.

But, there are no way to distribute this kind of app to testers or customers that use Win10 Insider preview. It only allow the Customer Update SDK level.

I belive that Store should control the SDK level more grained.
                  You know, many of Microsoft Apps are updated with new SDK, and it'll be available at the store during Insider Preview. If our - ISV - UWP App…

5 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dev Center + Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Absolutely need a status page for devcenter service status

Hey guys,
                    it's extremely annoying when I face service issues with devcenter, with no knowledge if they are investigated or not.
                    I don't want all the time contact support, wait, wait, wait and "yeah we have issues", or now is just Saturday...I've to wait til Monday?

With service issue, I mean, devcenter backend is down or doesn't work properly in some ways.

Cam'on we need a service status page, with "we have issue, we're working on". At least we're not totally in the dark, in a limbo where we don't know if the issue is just a transient one or…

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Expedited Review

There should be a form developers can fill out to request expedited review. Apple has such a form, and on the few occasions that I've needed to use it, they've generally completed a review in a few hours. This is useful for situations where a critical security flaw is identified, or where a trade show or other immovable deadline requires an app get through the review process more quickly than usual.

I found a similar suggestion made back in 2011, which was closed when the certification expectation time was lowered to three days. Three days is not fast enough for…

1 vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• submit extension to com.microsoft.edge.extension

It seems it's still not possible to submit Edge Extensions to the store. I think it's almost over a year. You can ask for a request but it's not clear what and when something will happen. Please provide with more information or planschedule.

4 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Improve Windows Dev Center performance for Edge

The site Windows Dev Center (https://developer.microsoft.com) is *very* slow when navigating with Edge. We are talking page load times of several minutes in many cases. I have done troubleshooting with Windows developer support who knew about the issue and recommended using another browser, like IE.

The site is faster in Chrome and IE, but still not fast and gives a poor user experience due to the lack of performance.

As a Windows developer I would like the site to be improved to give a reasonable performance. Currently it is at risk of giving the impression of being neglected…

1 vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Certificate

Release the SharedUserCertificates for individual developers

3 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Allow Changing Country in Dev Center

I moved from Saudi Arabia to Egypt and I can't add my new bank account in Egypt because country in account is Saudi Arabia

1 vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• withdrawal the money from Windows Dev Center

Allow us to withdrawal the money because we don't know when we can reach the threshold USD 200.

1 vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Add the "Channels and Conversions" data to the Windows Store analytics API

The Windows Store analytics API is great. But a very important tab, Channels and Conversions, is missing. Including the data from this tab in the Store analytics API would allow developers to integrate their custom marketing campaign performance into their campaign management, and would be extremely powerful for developers doing paid acquisition.

The most important data is the "Conversions breakdown by campaign ID" table at the bottom of the page.

3 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Developer Portal acquisitions funnel is not drawn correctly

The Acquisitions Funnel in the new Windows Developer Center dashboard is cool, but the rectangular bars representing each stage of the funnel are incorrect. For example, I have a 25% conversion rate between Store page views and downloads, but the second bar is only 5% the width of the first bar (should be ~25%).

1 vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Windows Store app IAP subscription model

Can you please add an IAP which would have a recurring payment (automatically charge user monthly / annually / etc)? Basically a subscription. This would simplify development of apps which now need to prompt the user to go buy an IAP each time it expires and it also makes the experience better for users (who might be used to this model from Android / iOS)

5 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Hide support email address on Windows Store's App webpage

There has been a huge spike in spammers scraping the Windows Store website for apps' support email.

The automated script leaves a 5 star review and asks that you do the same for their app. Here is an example:

*****************************************
                                        Hello Lancelot Software,

What if we will exchange apps reviews? I recenlty rated your app https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/hacked/9nblggh6850j with 5 stars and caption and text 'Great Tool' / 'I will admit that installing this app was an ordeal. I want to thank Lancelot for taking the time to communicate quickly with me. I like the ease of the app and recommend this…

27 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Support install custom font on Windows Store

I hope everyone can publish fonts on the store

4 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base