Universal Windows Platform

Welcome to the Universal Windows Platform Developer Feedback site. This site provides the Windows developer community with a channel for feedback on the following topics:

• Windows developer platform (APIs, runtimes, and controls)
  • Dev Center (dashboard, reporting/analytics, submission process, etc.)
  • Microsoft Store

Your suggestions will be reviewed by the Windows platform developer team to help with planning ideas and to better understand how developers are using the platform.

What this forum is not intended to cover or capture:

• Windows consumer suggestions: Use the Windows Feedback Hub app built directly into Windows 10
  • Documentation on docs.microsoft.com: Sign in at the bottom of the page to give documentation feedback via Github
  • Visual Studio / .NET: Use the Visual Studio UserVoice site

If you’re new to UserVoice, two things to keep in mind are (a) List items (and item rankings) represent community interest in features, and not the actual priority list for the product team; and (b) Suggestions made using this forum will be moderated if they do not actually represent a feature request (or if too many different ideas are included in one suggestion).

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Error Reporting - Mac

On Office 365 for Mac: It should be possible to disable Microsoft Error Reporting without disabling connected experiences. Error Reporting (a) is annoying and (b) causes trouble with restarting my iMac - it has interrupted restart several times.

Previous versions of Office allowed the user to manually turn off Error Reporting within the app. This version of Error Reporting has no preferences of its own, presumably because it lives online instead of on my computer. It's a useless app that causes problems with my system.

I was just on a support chat and the agent asked me to post this.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Device - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. DisplayMonitor get monitors resolution scale

I'm developing an uwp application that can show text on mutiple screens. However, I found that when using displaymonitor, I couldn't get the resolution scale of the other monitors. Can you put some function to do that. Or is there any way to get the resolution scale?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Create project APK converter and Deployment. I'd call it project play. It really should be easy to install apk files in Windows 10 Phone.

Create Project Play. I know you can't steal from google, but we should at least be able to download apk files via google play store online or any other trusted apk provider and install apps via a deployment program embedded in our phones.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Device - Phone / Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Developer platfrorm learning

I find that you are charging a fee to use developer platform learning rather hilarious. I have been learning on google for Free, guess I better stick with them. .many of us aren't rolling in green bucks, nor will we possibly be able to repay thousands of dollars in student loans back. Good luck, I will still utilize Some Resources. I wandered in hoping you were looking for someone like myself with odd characteristics or floaty ideas. But I cant afford you, so I know you could never afford me,

TaTa…….ChirpDaDDy

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dev Center + Microsoft Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I'm can't run my app Microsoft Store

I'm can't run my game app, what I relised in Microsoft Store. Microsoft Store say, buy my app! Why?! Is my profile, not pk, not phone...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Track window movement with an event

As of now it is impossible to detect whether the user is moving (not resizing) the window of your app.
    There should be an event, which we can listen to, on both Windows.UI.Xaml.Window and Windows.UI.WindowManagement.AppWindow to signal such scenario

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  XAML/Controls/Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. voice tranclater

voice tranclater English to all lingo adio and app a to b ---b to a tranclating in my ear and visual in the app whare it on you neck or in your phone ap all platforms laptop to

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio/Graphics/Media playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. UWP local storage throws unhandled exception when using String.Empty as key

ApplicationData.Current.LocalSettings.Values is an IPropertySet which is IDictionary<T, K> among others.

Using the TryGetValue function (from IDictionary) which should throw only if the argument is null, throws an unhandled COM exception if I use string.empty as key. String.empty should be a valid key for dictionaries with string keys.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow a GridView to scroll horizontally using mouse wheel

I'm developping an application that needs a sort of timeline.

It can be very long. So I want to be able to scroll horizontally using mouse wheel or the bottom scrollbar, and also vertically using the right scrollbar. I also need to be able to select items in the timeline, so I used a GridView with a Canvas inside the ItemsPanel.

It works well, except on one point : when I use the mouse wheel, the GridView scrolls vertically. I would like it to scroll horizontally instead.

The solution of disabling vertical scrolling is not an option, because I need…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  XAML/Controls/Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Don't require location capability simply to contruct a Geopoint

According to the docs here - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/uwp/api/windows.devices.geolocation.geopoint.-ctor#Windows_Devices_Geolocation_Geopoint__ctor_Windows_Devices_Geolocation_BasicGeoposition_ - the location capability is required simply to construct a Geopoint. I just want to use a Geopoint with the GeotagHelper to get/set GPS info in a file. I don't want to access the user's location. The location capability should not be required in this case. If this is just a docs issue, please update the docs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dev Center + Microsoft Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Geotag-Support for .HEIC files

Windows.Storage.FileProperties.GeotagHelper.GetGeotagAsync currently seems to be unable to gather geotags from
    .HEIC files, although Windows can show the geotag in the properties window and the Windows photo app is able to show the location as well. Are they using a different API?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio/Graphics/Media playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. MediaPlayerElement fully support .webm file

I'm using uwp `MediaPlayerElement`. Now it seem can play webm file.
    But it does not fire `BufferingStarted` and `BufferingEnded` event.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio/Graphics/Media playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Where to report bugs for UWP, Microsoft Store, Visual Studio

I want to report a serious bug that breaks the entire app publishing process for the Microsoft Store.
    However, I can only find an option to report a paid "support request".
    Of course, I won't pay hundreds of bucks to tell Microsoft specific details about their own bugs!
    This is ridiculous. I cannot get hold of anybody at Microsoft.
    Posting in forums would be an option, but I want to reach out to Microsoft employees.

Microsoft can shove the UWP up their asses.
    In contrast, Google is demonstrating how to establish solid developer relations: I recently filed a bug report…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Poor Windows Store search affects both developers and customers

As a customer when I type text in the Search box of Windows Store, only a small list comes up showing a few Apps. Moreover, most of the apps shown are those with the Search Text in their name. Keywords and App descriptions are totally ignored. This seriously affects finding of relevant apps for me as a customer and is a major App visibility problem for me as an app developer.

Try these examples for Search:
    1) paint: An app as popular as CorelDraw fails to appear in the Search result even though it is relevant. One has to know…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. JDQJHBDUJQHDUJQ

JQdndnjwsjnsjs\n

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Network APIs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. right click to copy filepath and file to clipboard

I would like to share a link to a files location, but can only copy the filepath to the folder unless I manually add the filename.

it should be possible to right click on a file in windows explorer and copy a link directly to the file, as opposed to just the folder.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. New Payments page needs to show per-App payout data

The old Payout Summary screen made it easy to see revenue per app, based on the last month and the total. The new Payments screen offers nothing in the way of app breakdown (that I can see). Why was this removed, are we only expected to use one app per account now?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Camera crash when accepting permisssion prompt

Install the app , the camera permission prompt will appear
    Wait at least 30 seconds with the app in this state
    Then accept the dialog
    The app will throw exception with the message "The request is invalid because Shutdown() has been called. (Exception from HRESULT: 0xC00D3E85)"

Link to a sample app:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FPiI38Km0pvsNR1o3H-LhKxZZQp41JH4/view?usp=sharing

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Suuport ISupportIncrementalLoading interface in TreeView

The current TreeView is not supporting the ISupportIncrementalLoading collection which is very bad regarding the loading performance on large scale.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. MediaPlayer: Render subtitles to Composition Surface

The MediaPlayer has a method "GetSurface()" which returns a Composition Surface that shows the video output. But that output does not include subtitles. There are (older) methods to render subtitles to a D3D surface, but no method to render them directly into Composition space.

Proposal: Add GetSubtitleSurface() and SetSubtitleSurfaceSize(). Then, the video surface can have original video size, while subtitle surface has actual screen pixel size, for optimal performance and efficiency. The subtitle surface only needs to be updated as subtitles change.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 132 133
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base