Universal Windows Platform

Welcome to the Universal Windows Platform Developer Feedback site. This site provides the Windows developer community with a channel for feedback on the following topics:

• Windows developer platform (APIs, runtimes, and controls)
  • Dev Center (dashboard, reporting/analytics, submission process, etc.)
  • Microsoft Store

Your suggestions will be reviewed by the Windows platform developer team to help with planning ideas and to better understand how developers are using the platform.

What this forum is not intended to cover or capture:

• Windows consumer suggestions: Use the Windows Feedback Hub app built directly into Windows 10
  • Documentation on docs.microsoft.com: Sign in at the bottom of the page to give documentation feedback via Github
  • Visual Studio / .NET: Use the Visual Studio UserVoice site

If you’re new to UserVoice, two things to keep in mind are (a) List items (and item rankings) represent community interest in features, and not the actual priority list for the product team; and (b) Suggestions made using this forum will be moderated if they do not actually represent a feature request (or if too many different ideas are included in one suggestion).

How can we improve the Windows dev platform?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. SharePoint app purchases are not being paid out

I have submitted many SharePoint apps in the store and it is being purchased. But I have never received a penny from Microsoft yet. I tried to reach out to the support, but Microsoft's lame AI chatbot is ridiculously stupid and never gets connected to an actual person to talk to. Should I pull down my apps?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Dev Center + Microsoft Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Windows 365.

I am a Windows 365 subscriber who has just renewed my subscription. I use a MacBook Air computer so am there using MacOS. Therefore, I notice that, although I pay exactly the same as a Windows subscriber, I am not entitled to use Publisher? Why is this? If I am not getting the full service or entitlement of use, surely I should not be paying the same amount of money? This is not fair or correct. I would dearly like to use Publisher but am not able to because I use a Mac computer but still pay full subscription. Can…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dev Center + Microsoft Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Windows 365.

I am a Windows 365 subscriber who has just renewed my subscription. I use a MacBook Air computer so am there using MacOS. Therefore, I notice that, although I pay exactly the same as a Windows subscriber, I am not entitled to use Publisher? Why is this? If I am not getting the full service or entitlement of use, surely I should not be paying the same amount of money? This is not fair or correct. I would dearly like to use Publisher but am not able to because I use a Mac computer but still pay full subscription. Can…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Pack UWP app into msi installer with runnable exe file

Pack UWP app into msi with runnable exe launcher.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Stop storing per-user settings in per-machine database files that are exclusively locked (almost?) all of the time

Stop storing UWP app per-user settings in per-machine database files that are exclusively locked (almost?) all of the time (or give us back delprof post-XP!)

"2018-10-09: Delprof2 has issues with UWP apps on Windows 10. Why? Windows 10 stores per-user settings in per-machine database files that are exclusively locked (almost?) all of the time. I consider this a design flaw on the part of Microsoft and I am not going to waste my time trying to work around that.

Delprof2 is the unofficial successor to Microsoft’s Delprof which does not work with operating systems newer than Windows XP."

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Microsoft Store - proceeds to charity

We would like to talk about setting up a way for proceeds of the purchase of our app in the MS Store to go directly to a charitable organization, as that requires special setup. Who can we speak to about this?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Windows.System.Launcher.LaunchUriAsync should work in console apps, too.

Some people really need Windows.System.Launcher.LaunchUriAsync to work in console apps, too. Currently it throws an exception because the working thread is not an ASTA thread.

One possible scenario: a console app needs to open a url in a browser window, in order to get user consent from a web email provider that uses OAuth2 as the main authentication method.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I can't Register for the Windows Hardware Dev Center program.

please help. error info:
    Correlation ID: 08367408-01b9-4083-90e6-ce15722bd8d3
    Correlation vector: Njx9lZ1PQ0KFYE/p.0
    App server:
    Time: 24 Apr 2019 02:35:33 -07:00

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Dashboard Feedback Stopped Working

The Feedback feature in the Dashboard seems to have stopped working. I no longer see new feedback that I know are in the Feedback Hub app (I can see them in the app).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make it simple to submit a driver for signing by Microsoft

We have a driver that we would like to have signed so that Windows 10 would permit it to be loaded and run. It is a device driver for test equipment we manufacture. I can't seem to find a procedure for doing this that is painless and that we pay for.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. How to Start pre-order for digital game?

My game passed all certifications and I'm looking for start pre-order for my game, how I can do that?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Submit LOB apps trough API

Now we can automate submission to public Microsoft Store using service such Azure DevOps, will be usefull also if we can do the same with LOB apps enabling submission trough APIs

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add a hardware dashboard API health page

Please consider to add health check page for hardware dashboard API service for managing hardware submissions.
    It's not working for about a day (returning HTTP 503 on every request) and no one have a clue what happened and when it would be fixed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Additional fields in reporting and on acquisition chart

Our add-on products are subscriptions. The reporting and the acquisition chart do not provide needed information for subscriptions.

The downloadable report for each payout should show the number of months the user has been subscribed, and which subscribers are in the free trial phase.

The acquisition chart should show, per the time period selected, the number of new subscriptions, the number of cancellations during the free trial, and the number of cancellations for paid subscribers. Also, the acquisition chart should show also the average number of months a user stays subscribed for – calculated from the time add-on subscription launched.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. delegate office dev centre using work account

at this time the feature to add users from Azure AD is only available for the Windows and Hardware Dev Center program.
    Make it work for the office dev dashboard so we can remain compliant during audit!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. AddOn

Allow Store Product Add Ons to be deleted or at least hidden if they are not active.

Over time our list has become unmanageable due to not realizing once submitted even if the add on is never used it cannot be removed. Even just hiding inactive products by default would help us manage our list of add on products better.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. hello, i want to close my developer account & get the money from my app sales, which is less than threshold level. how can i do that?

hello, i want to close my developer account & get the money from my app sales, which is less than threshold level. how can i do that?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Convert a company account into an individual

I made the mistake of registering a dev account using the type company instead of individual. Now I cannot change it to individual. This is not good enough. I have to be able to change dev account type. Please make this happen as soon as possible.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Provide a way to mark a Store submission as a bug fix so it can skip or fast-track certification

From my recent experiences it seems that an app submission can pass certification with no problems, but then a subsequent submission that only makes a very minor code change such as bug fix can fail certification. I accept that this will probably happen in general because full checks cannot be applied every time and different testers may pick up on different things.

However, it concerns me that one day I will run into the following hypothetical scenario:
    I release a major app update which passes certification fine. I then notice a critical bug in the app which I need to…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dev Center + Microsoft Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base