How can we improve the Windows dev platform?

Possibility to delete an app completely from Dashboard

Please add the possibility to delete an app completely from your Dashboard on Dev Center.
Right now it's only possible to hide an submitted app from store. It's so sad that developers have to stay with all of their apps which are completely useless and already hided from store for a long time.

266 votes
Sign in
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

SkarunSkarun shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    NandajitNandajit shared a merged idea: option to delete published app from windows store  ·   · 
    Tommaso ScaliciTommaso Scalici shared a merged idea: Make the dashboard cleaner! No clutter/noise data from unpublished products!  ·   · 
    Pier Giorgio MisleyPier Giorgio Misley shared a merged idea: There are no way to remove an app from the stor and the "remove app name" function doesn't work  ·   · 
    TaniaTania shared a merged idea: Ability to delete apps already certified and published  ·   · 
    Vincent GioVincent Gio shared a merged idea: Completely delete am app from dev center  ·   · 
    MohitMohit shared a merged idea: There is no option to delete the beta version of windows phone app in new dashboard.  ·   · 
    Salvatore AprileSalvatore Aprile shared a merged idea: I want remove an app from my dashboard but the deeplink where the app is pubblished is also available. I want that the deep link is unavaila  ·   · 
    Vincent GioVincent Gio shared a merged idea: Allow removal off apps and IAPs  ·   · 
    Tommaso ScaliciTommaso Scalici shared a merged idea: Provide the ability to hide/delete apps or in-app products no longer used by the developer.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Delete / cancel app submission  ·   · 
    Alejandro WoywoodAlejandro Woywood shared a merged idea: Change or delete a Reserved Name  ·   · 
    Diego MartínezDiego Martínez shared a merged idea: Allow delete apps from Dev Center who are uploaded, not just unpublish or hide app in store  ·   · 

Sign in
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      • RichardRichard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If people can have their personal details removed from search engines under The Right To Be Forgotten, why does this not cover their code and apps? There are some good reasons to delete an app - the cloud service an app relies on may no longer be available, copyright infringement notices may request total deletion, and branding and functionality leaps.

• Muhamed G.Muhamed G. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, highly needed.. the support saying that we can't remove any app has been published to the store before.. so we have a huge list of 'dead' apps make our dashboard messy!!

• David BottiauDavid Bottiau commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Tommaso Scalici I totally agree with you. In my case, I have something like 80% of 'hidden'/'unused' app on the devcenter.
        It's really frustrating to see apps that I don't care anymore.
        I need to be focused on my current apps !

• Tommaso ScaliciTommaso Scalici commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are a lot of feedbacks asking to allow developers to delete/remove apps and IAPs from their Dev Center.
        These feedbacks were all refused, and I can imagine the motivation behind this, so I try to formulate better what's really the point is on this:

If a developer has many unpublished apps or IAPs their dashboard start to become a mess and the developer have to see to a lot of not (more) relevant data regarding to app that there aren't no longer maintained or simply products which the developer is not focused right now.

So I think you should add some "hide" some option to not only unpublish app but eventually "logically remove" their entries from the dashboard (main app list, graphs, etc.)

You can eventually add a page where all the apps/IAPs hidden are listed and there the developer can eventually bring back them to the dashboard in case he changes his mind.

Do you think it can work this way?

• Tommaso ScaliciTommaso Scalici commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh yes, we can't delete them and they will clutter the dashboard forever...
        If I have, let's say, 60% of apps and IAPs unpublished e and 40% published...
        Why in the world I must look at unpublished apps/IAPs?
        If I unpublish them it's because I don't want to monitor them anymore or at least until I will publish them again, if I'd never do.
        At least you should add some "hide" status or add more filter to not clutter dashboard and stats with "noise data" :) Don't you agree?

• Cristiano GuerraCristiano Guerra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bruno Lemos,
        I have a question,
        I've changed the display name, title, and everywhere the name was shown.
        However the name is not able again.
        How you did it?

• AjithAjith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've two apps with same name, one is in phone and the other one is in desktop. Now, I created a universal app. Tab version have a small number of users, I need to upload new universal package to the phone version app.

But the problem is the App name automatically reserved to the Tab version, and the package name also. I'm not able to associate the application with the phone build in the store(because the app name is not reserved to this, there is no package name or package id for this in the store)

How can I resolve this issue without changing the name of the Phone Build.

Note: the dev center not showing delete option for this particular name.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

First, let me start out by saying the dev center portal is horrible. It's incredibly slow, buttons/links are poorly laid out and it takes a million clicks to do anything. Now, having said that, why can't I delete an app from my account? I don't want to unpublish it, I want to delete it. I understand what that means. I understand that if I change my mind, I'm SOL. But I'm an adult, so let me delete the app that I created.

And if you're not going to let me delete the app, then make it SUPER EASY to unpublish an app. For crying out loud, I don't think anyone knows how to do it - and it's always changing. Apple and Google make it super easy, why can't you?

• Mark AllanMark Allan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've had 3 different people ask me about this in the past two weeks, it's not an uncommon request. Even if the app still has to exist in the store, please at least allow us to remove it from our dashboards.

• Pier Giorgio MisleyPier Giorgio Misley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the new store is not possible to delete an existing app from the store(or if exist, it is really well hidden).
        In addiction if you try delete an app name, you can also confirm your operation but the name doesn't get deleted and stay reserved for the app..

• TaniaTania commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The old developer dashboard allowed me to remove apps that I no longer want to be published. I can't do this in the new developer center for apps that have passed certification and are published in the store

• DaniDani commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes absolutely, I dashboard cannot permit at least 'Windows Support' should be able to do it !

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nothing should ever be permanent. As someone has already said, this is total ********. No wonder MSFT is having trouble getting developers to create apps. Their process is utterly confusing.

• Vincent GioVincent Gio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This might've been published before, but here's my take..

As a newbie dev, I fooled around and got myself several apps during my beta testing, even though it was one app. Now, I do not use either, I want to keep one, my latest beta, for future testing, but the other.. Naah just laying there.

Here's where the feature comes in, you press a delete btn, dialog comes up with questions to answer, such as why and so forth.
        This is then sent up to you guys for a review, so nobody deletes a legit app with several IAPs that has been purchased etc.

This is useful for my situation, and I know that I'm not the only one.

Please take this in mind..

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base