How can we improve the Windows dev platform?

Possibility to delete an app completely from Dashboard

Please add the possibility to delete an app completely from your Dashboard on Dev Center.
Right now it's only possible to hide an submitted app from store. It's so sad that developers have to stay with all of their apps which are completely useless and already hided from store for a long time.

321 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Skarun shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

55 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft was deactivated my app developer account without any reason, my payout amount also holding since 2 years, i asked my payout, simply saying you are not eligible for the payout. what about the app's sold out amount? Microsoft enjoying my amount?

• Roehl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The capability to make an app unavailable in the store actually surfaces through two distinct functions, and surprisingly, they aren't referring to the same attribute, i.e. you change one, and the other isn't affected (or some other technical foobar that makes things look this way). Since the filtering on the main dashboard is based on only one of those two attributes, the main dashboard doesn't reflect the fact that you wanted an app unavailable, i.e. hidden, if you update the wrong attribute. Consider:

1. Publish an app that, under the Distribution and Visibility section, you "Hide this app...". I believe this sets the Status of the app to "Unavailable in the Store". The main dashboard filters on this. Good, but you have to go through the submission process.

2. On the App Overview page, in the upper right corner is a link that says "Make App Unavailable" - dead easy to do. Microsoft says this prevents the app from being offered through any channel (i.e. completely unavailable) https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/publish/set-app-pricing-and-availability. And sure enough, the App Overview says that the Status of the app is "Unavailable in the Store". But the main dashboard says "In the Store", and the filter fails to hide the app.

Sounds like a defect that should be fixed: When I choose "Make App Unavailable" on the App Overview page, the main dashboard should consider this app as "Unavailable in the Store" (instead of "In the Store"). But I'll leave it to someone else to decide if that's true, or if my expectations are wrong.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

But it wants to remove an app from the store? On the Apple store and Google Play it is very simple. I love Microsoft, but often, sulel trivial things, is slow ... too ... please implemented this possibility. My Dashboard is a mess.

• Richard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If people can have their personal details removed from search engines under The Right To Be Forgotten, why does this not cover their code and apps? There are some good reasons to delete an app - the cloud service an app relies on may no longer be available, copyright infringement notices may request total deletion, and branding and functionality leaps.

• Muhamed G. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, highly needed.. the support saying that we can't remove any app has been published to the store before.. so we have a huge list of 'dead' apps make our dashboard messy!!

• David Bottiau commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Tommaso Scalici I totally agree with you. In my case, I have something like 80% of 'hidden'/'unused' app on the devcenter.
        It's really frustrating to see apps that I don't care anymore.
        I need to be focused on my current apps !

• Tommaso Scalici commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are a lot of feedbacks asking to allow developers to delete/remove apps and IAPs from their Dev Center.
        These feedbacks were all refused, and I can imagine the motivation behind this, so I try to formulate better what's really the point is on this:

If a developer has many unpublished apps or IAPs their dashboard start to become a mess and the developer have to see to a lot of not (more) relevant data regarding to app that there aren't no longer maintained or simply products which the developer is not focused right now.

So I think you should add some "hide" some option to not only unpublish app but eventually "logically remove" their entries from the dashboard (main app list, graphs, etc.)

You can eventually add a page where all the apps/IAPs hidden are listed and there the developer can eventually bring back them to the dashboard in case he changes his mind.

Do you think it can work this way?

• Tommaso Scalici commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh yes, we can't delete them and they will clutter the dashboard forever...
        If I have, let's say, 60% of apps and IAPs unpublished e and 40% published...
        Why in the world I must look at unpublished apps/IAPs?
        If I unpublish them it's because I don't want to monitor them anymore or at least until I will publish them again, if I'd never do.
        At least you should add some "hide" status or add more filter to not clutter dashboard and stats with "noise data" :) Don't you agree?

• Cristiano Guerra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bruno Lemos,
        I have a question,
        I've changed the display name, title, and everywhere the name was shown.
        However the name is not able again.
        How you did it?

• Ajith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've two apps with same name, one is in phone and the other one is in desktop. Now, I created a universal app. Tab version have a small number of users, I need to upload new universal package to the phone version app.

But the problem is the App name automatically reserved to the Tab version, and the package name also. I'm not able to associate the application with the phone build in the store(because the app name is not reserved to this, there is no package name or package id for this in the store)

How can I resolve this issue without changing the name of the Phone Build.

Note: the dev center not showing delete option for this particular name.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base