How can we improve the Windows dev platform?

Add Iran to Devs Account Registration

Please , Add Iran to your supported countries list in Developer Account Registration.
We'll develop great apps for Windows Store.

990 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

H Kashefi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  Clint Rutkas [MSFT] responded  · 

We appreciate the interest in Windows 10 and we’re looking into what’s possible. Currently, we don’t have immediate infrastructure to support Iranian developers but we’re investigating solutions.

256 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • hesam kashefi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey, I'm also from Iran(And I'm Student!), and can't create a developer account in my country!
    Please add Iran to your supported countries, It's my only hope to make some money ;(

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm a programmer from Iran and I need to publish my application to windows phone store but this cannot be done in my country.
    Now I want to know if there is any possible way for me to do that?
    Is it possible for my relatives outside Iran to create a developer account and may I use their account? or are there any publishers out there to publish my apps?
    please tell me what I should do?
    Thanks in advance.

• AdminKelly White (Microsoft MVP - Windows Phone Development, Windows Developer) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You should be able to download the free tools to develop your apps using the emulator. This doesn't require a developer account.

Unfortunately you'll need the developer account to unlock a phone if you wish to test your apps on an actual device. However, the emulator is very good and unless you're doing stuff with Location Services or the accelerometer, then you really don't need a phone to build out your app. If you have a phone and just need it developer unlocked, you should create a partnership with someone who will develop/publish the app with you and also unlock your phone for you.

Once you're ready to publish your app to the store, then this is where you'll also need that developer account. As I mentioned above, one option you do have right now is to find someone to partner with and have that person publish the app to the store. You could reach an agreement with that individual to split the revenues according to what percentage you both determine is fair. I know this may not be the ideal solution you're looking for, but it does unblock you in developing and publishing your apps today.

If you're having trouble finding someone to partner with, feel free to shoot me an email and we can discuss(kelly@whitepdx.com). I've done this with other developers and would be happy to help you out if needed.

Best of luck with your apps/ideas.

1 2 9 10 11 13 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base