How can we improve the Windows dev platform?

provide quiet hours API

Dear Dev Team!

Please provide an API for quiet hours in Windows 10 (mobile) where developers can set the quiet hours parameters from foreground and background.

Thank you

74 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

GWorkshop shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mike Lonergan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The scenarios I just encountered was joining a company call on WebEx with a dozen other folks, and that everyone on the call was plagued with alerts and reminders so that we could hardly concentrate.

I would love to build an app that could turn on Focus Assist (Quiet Hours) whenever the microphone was turned on (for which there must be a Win32 Event). Please, is this a possibility?

• internetfreak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add more APIs which can be used for system automation. This suggestion is more or less a summary of different suggestions which have some of those ideas.
        APIs I could think a good use of:

- Changing the system theme to light/dark
        - Changing the system and media volume
        - Changing the vibration status to vibrate/no vibrate
        - Toggling mobile data on/off
        - Toggling mobile hotspot
        - Toggling GPS on/off
        - Setting a ringtone
        - Changing the system display brightness
        - Toggling quiet hours
        - Toggling battery saver
        - Toggline rotation lock

You see, there are many possibilities. I already have an app which uses the current available APIs to automate some things and having more things to automate would make it even more useful which then means attracting more users to the platform and thus attracting more developers to provide apps.

Please consider those things

• George A. Roberts IV commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In Windows Phone 8.1, Cortana had the ability to automatically turn on Quiet Hours when the user's calendar showed them as busy. This feature was removed when Windows 10 was released and has not made its way back yet.

If there were APIs to read and set Quiet Hours then a third party app could allow users to automatically turn on Quiet Hours during busy times or other valuable scenarios.

Feedback and Knowledge Base