How can we improve the Windows dev platform?

Support map tiles redraw [Animated tile layer]

The MapControl is quite limited in operations with custom tiles. I have need to redraw the tiles periodically, because they become outdated (the closest similar example is traffic layer, which needs to be periodically refreshed).

The (ugly) workaround I use is adding and removing MapTileSource, which forces tiles redraw. Even more, since this operation results in tiles flickering (because of redraw), I have to use 3 tile sources, switching between them. That crasy staff involves heavy redrawing of the map, and it also leads to visble scrolling slowing down in the moment of MapTileSource adding (which would be nice to fix too). I'd also be happy, if MapTileSource property changes (like Bounds) were applied to the map without need to remove the tile source and add it back (this is how it can be done currently).

So we need some method which would force MapTileSource to re-query tile images, which would result in fresh tiles download or custom rendering (depending on concrete MapTileDataSource).

3 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Andriy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →