Editable Combo Box
Request for an editable combo box that allows:
- keyboard focus for the edit box
- ability to type a value that matches an item in the dropdown
- ability to type a value that does not match an item in the dropdown (enabled as a control option)
- auto complete of the item name while typing
- keyboard navigation for opening the dropdown using Alt + down arrow.
- keyboard navigation for moving through the list of items in the combo by using left and right arrow keys
Steven Moyes commented
Thanks for this feedback. I'm a program manager who is currently investigating adding platform support for Editable ComboBox. The XAML platform has ComboBox and AutoSuggestBox controls which support the basic scenarios of choosing from a list, and entering a custom item already, so I'm trying to determine what scenarios cannot be achieved with the basic platform controls.
Can you please share with me the types of experiences and scenarios that an editable ComboBox can help achieve? The most common use-case for such a ComboBox is for customizing Fonts/Font Sizes, but I want to make sure I understand the full set of scenarios.